You play as Joey, an obese man who happens to own a band named "Joey and the Monsters" (where the band-mates are literally monsters.) You received a call from Lance Boil to have your band preform in Woodstock in four days. One night, the monsters tried to wake you up by using dynamite, which causes all of them to scatter across the USA. Now you must drive from California to Woodstock while picking up your band mates before time's up.
- Abnormal Ammo: Ranging from coins, to chipmunks, or cowpies.
- Big Applesauce: One of the levels is in New York.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Very few of the monsters are actually mean, they mostly just to want have fun and happen to have very extreme ways of playing around.
- California Collapse: Happens right in the intro, courtesy of the monsters exploding a lot of dynamite trying to wake Heavy Sleeper Joey.
- Grossout Game: Let's see, Joey often picks his nose or belly button, while climbing you see his butt-crack, cowpies can serve as ammo at one point. And the driving section can have you drive up a bear's anus.
- Guide Dang It!: Mentioned below is that there's an certain item you will need to find to get the monster. However you need to perform a certain task to enter a portal to go to another section. Sometimes you might find a Red Herring.
- Here We Go Again!: The Good Ending has Joey shouting that he needs to find the monsters again after the concert. It ends with a "To Be Continued...".
- Karma Houdini: The Monsters get away with some acts ranging from defacing Mount Rushmore to blowing up the state of California. Granted, Joey does beat up some of them and only a few of them were actively malicious, but otherwise they get off scot-free.
- Lounge Lizard: The Las Vegas monster.
- Multiple Endings: You will receive an ending on each level depending if you found a certain item or not. (With the bad ending making it clear what the item was.) You need the item in order to rescue that monster on the map. Also the ending for Woodstock (and the game), you must have all the monsters rescued, otherwise you get the bad ending.
- Only Sane Man: The monster who ends up in Texas is the only one to question the logic behind using bombs to wake up Joe. This also extends to his level to a degree, whereas all the monsters are causing chaos for fun he is actually fighting off bandits, albeit taking great enjoyment in it.
- Race Against the Clock: You're given four hours to reach Woodstock. Also be careful in the driving section as hitting certain obstacles loses few seconds or minutes.
- The Theme Park Version: Pretty much you're stopping in ten of the most recognizable areas of the United States (Alcatraz Prison, the Alamo, and Mount Rushmore for example.)
- Timed Mission: You're given ten minutes to complete a level. Remember that time still passes from the four hour limit when you play a mission.
- Toilet Humor: A lot of it related to the grossout nature.
- Who's on First?: Joey guesses at this in the intro.Lance Boil: "Besides, the Band couldn't make it, Yes said No, the Who said What, I dunno."Joey: "Third base."