Once Upon A Time...There Was A Boy...
IntroAcorn Story is simple 2D platform game by George Kobyakov in which you play as a small boy, who has set out on a quest to recover his magical acorn. You navigate through seven levels through a strange forest, only able to move left or right. Then space bar is used to perform actions, such as jumping or pushing objects.
The Following Examples Include Tropes Of...
- Abandoned Mine: You travel through one of these in the later parts of the game.
- Adult Fear: A little kid is walking through a forest all on his own. Said forest is full of all kinds of booby-traps that can easily kill you.
- All Is Well That Ends Well: See Earn Your Happy Ending Below.
- Chirping Crickets: The background ambience.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After much searching, through rain, darkness, and forest, the child finds his acorn and takes it home.
- Glowing Flora: Some of the trees and plants have glowing tips. Those tips, and your lantern, are the only light sources you have.
- Gray Rain of Depression: At the end of your minecart ride, you end up in a gray area of the forest, where it is raining.
- Kid Hero
- Lonely Piano Piece: The game's soundtrack, accompanied by Chirping Crickets.
- The Lost Woods: The forest the game takes place in may be this.
- McGuffin: The Acorn, of course.
- Minecart Madness: You need to ride a minecart to reach the next area of the game.
- No Antagonist: There are no true bosses or enemies in the game, just you and the many traps in the forest.
- No-Dialogue Episode
- Real Is Brown: The scenery is sepia-toned.