- Blooper: In Episode 26 "I Can Conquer a Monster Too!", some of the shots of Mukadender's behind have the suit actor's back visible due the costume's zipper being open.
- Completely Different Title: Jetman in South Korea (no relation to Choujin Sentai Jetman).
- Creator's Favorite: Saburo Shinoda, the actor for Kotaro Higashi, once stated that his favorite monster in the series was Depparas.
- Crosscast Role: In her first appearance, the Ultra Mother's suit performer is a dude!
- Hey, It's That Sound!:
- Hong Kong Dub: From Malaysia, brought to you by the same actors who gave us the Ultraman Ace dub.
- The Other Darrin: Saori is played by Mayumi Asuka for the first 16 episodes, and then Keiko Ono from Episode 20 onwards, hence the brief absence during the Birdon trilogy.
- Prop Recycling
- An unusual example is Alien Valky, whose costume was a prototype for Ultraman Leo's costume. He even has a Color Timer!
- Bemstar was remade into Astromons and back into Bemstar when Yapool resurrected him.
- Birdon was created from the Sheltar suit.
- If you look closely, Taro's head (minus his horns and middle head fin) is actually Ultraseven's head, unaltered. Complete with Emerium Light on the forehead! This is somewhat justified, as it turns out, Taro and Seven are cousins.
- What Could Have Been:
- The series was originally intended to be called Ultraman Jack as a reference to English fairy tales often using that name (Taro is described by Tsuburaya Productions as the "fairy tale" of the franchise), but Taro was chosen as Japanese fairy tales often use that name. Jack was saved for the hero of Return of Ultraman as TsuProhad no official name for the character until 1984.
- Ultraman Taro was supposed to run for 49 episodes, but due to production on Ultraman Leo being behind schedule, it was increased to 53.
- Alien Temperor was originally to be called Alien Breton, and before that he was intended to be Alien Empera, but that alien was saved for the Big Bad of Ultraman Mebius.
- Alien Mefilas' reappearance was originally meant to be the debut of Mushra. Similarly, Eleking's reappearance was originally for a brand new mastodon kaiju called Gokiba (with the episode being called "The Touch of the Full Moon on the Mammoth's Fang!").
Trivia / Ultraman Taro