- Blooper: By the crew, in one scene Matthew McConaughey's character sits in front of a poster of a Lamborghini Aventador, a car from the 2010's, which makes no sense considering that the movie takes place in the 1980s.
- Career Resurrection: For Matthew McConaughey, as with his role he took home a Golden Globe and Oscar. It also marked Jared Leto's return to film acting after a five-year absence.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Both McConaughey and Leto lost a considerable amount of weight to play HIV patients.
- Method Acting: Jared Leto stayed in character throughout filming. At one point, he went grocery shopping in character at a local Whole Foods, where he received numerous stares.
- Science Marches On: AZT, the drug Ron rejects, is still used today in lower, less toxic doses and in combination with other drugs. On the other hand, many of the drugs Ron sells are no longer used at all due to THEIR toxicity.
- What Could Have Been:
- You Might Remember Me from...: It might even involve reading the credits to notice that's Griffin Dunne under all that hair as Doctor Vass.
Trivia / Dallas Buyers Club