- Big Name Fan: Judging by the fact that both of them ended up getting into an argument in the comment section of the Lets Watch of Ratatoing, it seems Mike Pollock is regular watcher of Brunets.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer:
- In his review of Epic Mickey, he wrongly credits Rob Paulsen for doing the grunt sounds for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. These were actually done by Frank Welker.note
- He made a handful of common blunders in his review of the first full trailer for My Little Pony: The Movie (2017), such as mixing up the roles of the Big Bad (the Storm King) and The Dragon (Tempest Shadow), and calling Captain Celaeno a griffon. That is to say nothing of him repeatedly calling the main characters "the Equestria girls", given how his only major exposure to the series beforehand was via the franchise of the same name.
- Fan Nickname: In-Universe example, he has referred Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and its sequel as Cloudy with a Chance that this Sucks and Cloudy with a Chance that this Sucks 2.
- Missing Episode: His reviews of Despicable Me and Toy Story 3 were taken down from YouTube due to copyright claims (the Toy Story 3 one being removed by a TV organisation unassociated with Disney). These episodes were no longer viewable until he posted them onto Blip TV in 2013. When he was finally able to post any of his content onto YouTube without copyright issues (With 2 exceptions listed in Screwed by the Lawyers) and with Blip TV shutting down, both of these reviews are now viewable on YouTube again.
- Old Shame: In his review of How to Train Your Dragon 2, he admitted being too harsh on his review of the first movie due to his inexperience as a critic at the time.
- Similarly, while his overall (negative) opinion on the first Hotel Transylvania hasn't changed, he admits in his review for the sequel that he felt he was a little hard on it.
- He's taken back the praise he gave to Sausage Party after finding out about the allegations against co-director Greg Tiernan screwing over 30 animators and not crediting them.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Before 2015, he generally avoided posting content owned by Studio Ghibli, Fox, NBCUniversal, Lionsgate, and Viacom onto YouTube due to their strict copyright status. Now, he doesn't have to deal with copyright anymore and has posted all of his Blip TV exclusive content onto YouTube (His Classic Reviews for The Spongebob Movie Sponge Out Of Water and South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut took until December of 2016 to upload to YouTube, though).
- He was given a YouTube copyright strike by Viacom for his review of South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. Luckily with the help of The Mysterious Mr. Enter, he was able to remove the strike with a counter notification.
- Averted when he successfully posted his classic reviews of Jetsons: The Movie, FernGully: The Last Rainforest, 9, and Balto (despite having to change the background music) onto YouTube without getting flagged. Despite his concern with Lionsgate, his Alpha and Omega review has also remained active on the site.
- What Could Have Been:
- He auditioned for the 2014 That Guy with the Glasses talent search, but didn't make the cut.
- A classic review of Kiki's Delivery Service was once requested through the ultimate Patreon pledge, but the pledger had to pull out at the last minute due to personal reasons. Instead, 9 was drawn from the Animation Hat to take its place.
- During the "What to Expect from 2015" segment in his Top 5 Best & Worst Animated Films of 2014 list, he listed Metegol and B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations as upcoming animated films in 2015. Unfortunately, though, due to DreamWorks putting B.O.O. on the back-burner and Metegol's North American theatrical release being cancelled in favor of a Direct-to-video release, he was unable to review them.
- Also, during the "What to Expect from 2017" segment in his Top 5 Best & Worst Animated Films of 2016 list, he listed Rock Dog, Spark, and Blazing Samurai as some of the upcoming animated films of 2017. Due to Rock Dog and Spark neither getting a wide release in Canada and Blazing Samurai suffering from Schedule Slip, he couldn't review any of them.
- During the "What to Expect from 2018" segment in his Top 5 Best & Worst Animated Films of 2017 list, he listed Duck Duck Goose and Animal Crackers as some of the upcoming animated films of 2018. As the former's theatrical release was cancelled in favor of a Netflix release and the latter never got a screening in North America, he was unable to review either of them.
- The Wiki Rule: The Electric Dragon Productions Wiki.
Trivia / AniMat