- Pirates, Vikings and Knights II is practically filled with Monty Python references:
Heavy Knight: I seek the Holy Grail!Heavy Knight: Just a fleshwound!Heavy Knight: Im invincible!Heavy Knight: I'll bite your legs off!Heavy Knight: What are you gonna do, bleed on me?
- Many of the knights' taunts are lifted from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, in particular that of the Heavy Knight, who is a walking Expy of the Black Knight.
Man-at-Arms: You empty-eaded animal food trough wiper!Man-at-Arms: I fart in your general direction!
- The Man-At-Arms is an obvious reference to the taunting Frenchman from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Several of the achievements are based on jokes from Monty Python as well:
- The achievement for having your parrot killed within a second of being released is named "I Wish to Register a Complaint"
- There is a hidden achievement called "Sharp, Pointy Teeth" with the description "Thats no ordinary rabbit!"
- Another achievement that is earned by having your entire team choose the same class is called "Stop That!"
- A milestone achievement for the Knights is called "Knights of Ni!"
- An achievement that requires you to land 15 consecutive arrows is called "Spamalot", referencing the lyrics sung by the Knights of the Round Table.
- Then theres the Skirmisher achievement called "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"
- The Archers line "Thanks for standing still, you bastard!" is a reference to the Sniper from Team Fortress 2
- The Pirates seem to be fans of Alestorm. The Skirmisher even sings parts of "Keelhauled" "Wenches and Mead" and "Captain Morgan's Revenge".
- The Viking team can be heard to sing parts of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song.
- Almost every achievement is a reference to something or other:
- "You Shall Not Pass!"
- "My Precious!"
- "First Blood"
- "Get to the Choppa"
- "Otzi the Iceman" is a reference to the prehistoric corpse found frozen in the Alps between Austria and Italy.
- The achievements for kicking someone into a pit and being kicked into a pit are called "This is Madness!" and "This is Sparta!"
- "Great Balls of Fire!"
- "The pointy end goes into the other man."
- "Mighty Foot Engaged!"
- "Cornish Game Hen"
- "The One Who Knocks"
- "The Govenator"
- "Bondi, Janus Bondi"
- "Unlimited Power! and Disturbance In The Force"
- "Absolute Sentience"
- "War, War Never Changes"
- "John Connor, Rise Of The Machines and Judgement Day"
Shout Out / Pirates Vikings and Knights