AO, as it's more often known, focuses on the lives of the non-canon and canon characters as they help reconstruct the wizarding world after the fall of the Dark Lord and begin reforms that most hope will give certain groups equality when they did not have it before. But darkness still lurks in the alleyways; many ex-Death Eaters have been released from Azkaban, and there are still those who believe in wizard supremacy - or just want to watch the world burn.
The roleplay features not only Hogwarts, but the rest of wizarding Britain. Plots can even go overseas if called for, and range between gritty and dark to lighthearted and comical.
Absit Omen can be found here.
Character examples listed here.
This roleplay provides examples of the following tropes:
- All There in the Manual: There is plenty of worldbuilding information in the Absit Omen wiki for anyone's use.
- Ancient Artifact: The Muhra Glass and the Non-Flying Carpet are two of the oldest known artifacts.
- Deadly Gas: Appeared in the form of the colourless and odourless Garrotting Gas in an attack on St Mungo's.
- Malevolent Architecture: The "Lost Dungeons," where several first- and second-years get hounded by their worst fears. It's hard to tell whether the force that's actively separating them is part of the dungeon or the result of a massive Boggart infestation.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Direwolves, which result from normal werewolves given a dose of "magical influences" that enhance their lycanthrophy.
- Time Police: The Time Travel Investigation and Regulation Bureau (TTI), part of the Time Chamber in the Department of Mysteries. Monitors time turner use, assists in prophecy authentication and other things of a time-y, secretive nature.
- Tournament Arc: The current IC year is a revisit of the TriWizard Tournament, updated to a TetraWizard Tournament with another school competing.
- Wizarding School: Hogwarts is the main focus, but due to the Tetrawizard Tournament, students from Beauxbatons, Durmstrang and Salem are currently present. Some adult characters graduated from other wizarding schools from around the world, such as Beit Gaddol in Jerusalem and Mahoutokoro in Japan.