Abysmal Souls is a fantasy medieval RP hosted on Serenes Forest.
We follow the adventures of Carrion, a young girl with a complex past and a tendency to be misblamed, as she does all she can to escape from what seems to be the entire continent. Joined by the young fighter, Adrian, the pair have met all sorts of threats, ranging from Snow Chameleons to a man with one leg. However, they've found that some people aren't trying to kill them, but often even their allies are too much.
Run by the charming Slaveblade, and can be found here.
Abysmal Souls contains examples of:
- A-Team Firing: Ken, having never used combat magic in a fight before, has terrible aim when he tries it for the first time.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Teis' Quake Axe. Whilst it has the power to shake the earth itself, it's far too heavy to be used in a proper combat situation.
- Badass Normal: Teis (a no-name mercenary knight from Shuthra) beating Lucretia, the greatest swordwoman in Miyako, in the tournament arc garners a mention.
- Zwool's sword, which he's never actually been able to use.
- Teis' Quake Axe is another example, with other characters noting its ridiculous size.
- Deep Sleep: Lucinda spent what was essentially two weeks in a deep trance, much to the joy of Ken and Obelia.
- Depending on the Writer: Characters such as Zwool and Lucinda have changed greatly after a change in owner. Even Carrion transformed after she changed hands.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: The priest Ken. Whilst not a common occurrence, characters like Sophia have had to think twice about what his gender is.
- It's Personal: Grant took Carrion's threat to murder his family personally. Resulting in a chase across the continent and resulting in him losing a leg to a dragon.
- Large Ham: Oshea; most of his dialogue has been reasonably dramatic.
- Long-Lost Relative:
- Adrian and Aurelio are both looking for their long lost sisters.
- Adonis is looking for his long-lost dad so he can kill him. Wonderful!
- Moment Killer: Aurelio managed to walk in on a intimate moment between Adrian and Carrion.
- Mooks: Virtually everywhere. There can't be a visit to a city without some horrible fight breaking out. Of course, none of them can stand up to the main characters.
- Older Than They Look: Ken, who is actually in excess of 30 despite his appearance.
- Red Shirt: Subverted with Reynor, who was initially planned as a disposable character but ended up becoming part of the cast.
- The Quiet One: Ellandra, who doesn't speak at all.
- Unexplained Accent: Enter the inexplicably Yorkshire farmer, Horatio. Well, he's actually an assassin but that doesn't matter.
- Walking the Earth: A fair portion of cast have spent whoever knows how long wandering around trying to find something.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Lunaria, the erstwhile Crimson Witch of the South and Aurelio's sister is deathly afraid of water due to her inability to swim, to the point of going absolutely batshit if she so much as touches it.
- Wolf Man: Ignatius. Although everyone seems to be relatively accepting of his unusual appearance. He's also rather pleasant.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Despite the rest of the cast speaking modern English, Teis has perfected his knightly speech.