Anime & Manga
- DARLING in the FRANXX: Zero Two seems to be an amalgam of Haruko, Nonon, Asuka, Lum, and Star.
- Haruhi Suzumiya: So Haruhi wears a Playboy Bunny suit and plays the guitar at the same time...
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Yoko flies around on a yellow scooter and fights Humongous Mecha with ridiculously undersized weapons. She hangs with a cute boy who has the power to combine with a robot with a face on it's stomach, in order to be preposterously awesome. They protect the world from an alien race bent on destruction. Sounds vaguely familiar.
- Dungeons: The Dragoning: One of the excerpts has a cameo by Haruko Haruhara, and the Black Flag pirate base is run by Atomsk the Pirate King.
- Asura's Wrath: Asura having a giant arm coming out of one his stumps in episode 11.5 is similar to the way stuff comes out of Naota's forehead in FLCL. It helps that the director of the episode was a key animation director for the series.
- BlazBlue: A victory quote is a shout out to FLCL."He who conquers the leftnote ... CONQUERS THE WORLD!"
- Monster Hunter: A Running Gag in 4/4U is the Caravaneer's posters showcasing your Hunter, with a bit of artistic license giving them a pair of killer eyebrows. A Meta example: some of the people on the Monster Hunter Reddit ran with it far enough to make FLCL references.
- Questionable Content: The VespAvenger—a crazy girl on a Vespa who runs people down. Sounds familiar.
- SuperLPHeroes: During Yoshi's Island upon seeing a Nep-enut, Dyne's first reaction is, "Those eyebrows..."
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: The creators are huge fans of Gainax productions, particularly Neon Genesis Evangelion and FLCL. The art book mentions how the studio provided some inspiration for the show's elements. The image they drew of Aang with glowing eyes as part of their initial pitch to Nickelodeon was inspired by Naota.
- Megas XLR: During Coop's fight with S-Force, Megas sends their mecha flying with a guitar.
- Steven Universe: In "Jail Break" the imagery of a hand-shaped spaceship falling towards Earth and throwing forward a projectile, and that of a giant, pierced hand standing on a hill next to a seaside small town, are both memorable images from FLCL.
- Teen Titans: There are many references to FLCL and Battle of the Planets, as Glen Murakami is a fan of both. Murakami has even said FLCL was a huge influence on the show.
- In "Employee of the Month", the moped Beast boy wants looks like a white-colored version of Haruko's scooter from FLCL, with a T! instead of a P! sticker on it. When later riding a moped, he dons a scarf like Haruko's.
- In "Transformation", Starfire's forehead growth and the way she tries to push it back into her head directly mirrors Naota's from FLCL, the anime that influenced much of the show's art style.
- Voltron: Legendary Defender: The production crew must really love Gainax. In episode 3 of Season 4, as Lance beings to milk the cow, the camera rotation as well as the expressions of the characters remind you all too well of Haruko's grand entrance.