Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22
Directed by Rob Bowman
Mulder and Scully travel to Florida in the middle of a hurricane to investigate the deaths of a couple and their son. As the storm worsens, they end up trapped in an apartment with an injured police officer, an unstable man with an attachment to his gun, a pregnant woman and her boyfriend, a petty thief, and a Sea Monster hiding somewhere in the pipes.
- Big Storm Episode: A hurricane is wreaking havoc on the shore in Floride during this episode.
- The Bus Came Back: Arthur Dales, who formerly worked on the X-Files with Mulder's father, returns in this episode.
- Cat Scare: "How the hell did that cat get in the washing machine?"
- Doomed Hurt Guy: Greer. All that effort to save him and he dies because butterfingers Dougie, while stealing Greer's wedding ring, knocks a carton of Epsom salts into the tub with him.
- Foreign Language Title: Spanish for "bad water".
- Henpecked Husband: George. Although he and Angela aren't married, he otherwise fits the trope.
- Karma Houdini: Dougie. Despite being a looter and inadvertently causing Greer's death (while taking his wedding ring no less!), the creep manages to escape in Greer's police SUV.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: George manages to shoot a fire sprinkler while sitting down and holding his girlfriend turned around.
- Instant Drama, Just Add Tracheotomy: Scully performs a tracheotomy on Greer after he's attacked by the monster.
- Maternity Crisis
- Monster of the Week: It's a Sea Monster eating people alive.
- Only in Florida: "Don't all the nuts roll downhill to Florida?"
- Sea Monster: The Monster of the Week.
- Spicy Latina: Angela, George's pregnant girlfriend.
- Too Dumb to Live: Though it doesn't kill him yet, Greer getting too close to one of the encased victims when the monster is clearly moving inside of it.
Mulder and Scully: No!