Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22
Directed by Kim Manners
Mulder and Scully investigate the mysterious death of a couple whose skeletons were found in the forest.
- Double-Meaning Title: "Trip" as in 'expedition' and as in 'hallucinatory experience'.
- Dream Within a Dream: Mulder and Scully realize the mushroom is causing them to hallucinate and snap out of it... except, not really.
- Fungus Humongous: The episode features a a giant underground fungal complex; the non-sentient growth sucks down its human victims and doses them with powerful hallucinogens to keep them docile while it slowly digests them.
- Mind Screw: Bizarre things happen inside Mulder's and Scully's hallucinations, such as the Lone Gunmen believing Scully's case report, as well as Mulder retrieving an alien from the cave.
- Monster of the Week: A very dangerous fungal complex.
- Mushroom Samba: The spores Mulder and Scully are exposed to for most of the episode are said to have similar effects to LSD.
- Spotting the Thread: Both Mulder and Scully realize at various points that things are not what they seem and that they are in a hallucination.
- Together in Death: In the teaser, a couple is shown cuddling and lying together in bed facing each other. The final shot of the teaser reveals they are already skeletons.
Once you leave this webpage, reality awaits! But before you press that button, we would like to leave you with one important message: TV Tropes will always change your life for the better!
Wait a second... WHAT WOULD POSSESS US TO EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS?! TV TROPES WILL CONTINUE TO EATING AWAY AT OUR LIVES FOREVER! ...Come to think of it, is something else eating away at us now?!
And the headache comes again...