First Aired - 4/13/1997
Bart commits credit card fraud again (see season five's "Lady Bouvier's Lover" where he steals Homer's credit card) — this time, by filling out a credit card application under Santa's Little Helper's name and going on a catalogue shopping spree — which leads him to buy a wonder dog named Laddie and send Santa's Little Helper to the repo depot when everything he bought on the card gets taken back due to lack of payment.
This episode contains examples of:
- The Ace: Laddie
- Imagine Spot: Bart wonders what happened to Santa's Little Helper, imagining that he's being used for fuel for a Victorian-era ocean liner. He eventually concludes that this isn't likely.
- Licked by the Dog: Laddie's affection towards Mr. Mitchell appears to be this...until he pushes the marijuana out of his pocket.
- Police are Useless: Chief Wiggum, instead of taking Mr. Mitchell to prison for uncovering his marijuana stash, invites women and other friends to his house for a late night party.
- Reality Ensues: Bart cannot use a credit card issued for "Santos L. Helper" to buy from people who know his real name.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Invoked with Willie when Bart asks him for SLH.Willie: Yeah, I bought yer mutt... and I 'ate 'im! (holds and then eats a chicken leg)Bart: (Gasp)Willie: I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts... and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin', so I give 'im to the church! (throws the chicken leg on the floor and licks his fingers)Bart: (Relieved) Oh, I see. You hate him so you gave him to the church. (Bart leaves)Willie: Oi. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. (Bart turns at him in surprise) Ya 'eard me!