The Way of the Sponge
SpongeBob works toward getting a karate belt.
The Way of the Sponge contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Sometimes your talents may lie elsewhere.
- Medal of Dishonor: SpongeBob is at first given the Clear Belt after failing his karate match against Sandy until Fuzzy decides he shouldn't wear a belt at all.
- Old Master: Fuzzy Acorns.
- Special Guest: Rich Fulcher as Fuzzy Acorns.
- Training Montage: SpongeBob's training is shown as a montage. However, he just gets tired and it starts turning into a Failure Montage.
SpongeBob and Patrick search for oxygen for Sandy after they ruin her supply.
Bubble Troubles contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: During when SpongeBob decides to go to the surface to get oxygen for Sandy.Patrick: But how are you gonna get up there?SpongeBob: Well, I'll use this tank of oxygen as a makeshift rocket!Patrick: An oxygen tank?! (Beat) Great idea, buddy!
- CPR: Clean, Pretty, Reliable: Patrick, at one point, does this to Sandy.
- Eye Scream: SpongeBob and Patrick get hot sauce bubbles in their eyes repeatedly.
- Inflating Body Gag: Sandy gets puffed up by Pearl.
- Sanity Slippage: Sandy as a result of oxygen deprivation.
- Too Dumb to Live: SpongeBob decides to go up to the surface and get some air for Sandy. How does he get up there? An oxygen tank.