Airdate: July 5, 2010
King Neptune celebrates his 5000th birthday at the Krusty Krab. Neptune can't enjoy his birthday party after SpongeBob brings up his estranged son Triton, who Neptune locked away due to his obsession with mortals. Hoping to cheer Neptune up, SpongeBob decides to free Triton, but this turns out to be a bad idea.
"The Clash of Triton" contains examples of:
- Cutting the Knot: The lock to Triton's cage is in the form of a slider puzzle. SpongeBob is unable to figure it out, but Patrick solves it by peeling off the stickers and putting them in the right order.
- Failed a Spot Check: SpongeBob and Patrick hide inside a grill and inch right in front of Triton in order to free King Neptune. You would think he'd notice a grill suddenly appearing right in front of him.
- Floating Continent: Triton is imprisoned on the Island in the Sky; which is really more of an island floating below the ocean's surface and above the seabed.
- Gone Horribly Right: As punishment for not smiting people with his powers, Neptune locks Triton away. When he's released, he becomes vengeful and destroys Bikini Bottom, though it's this last part that helps Neptune reconcile with his son.
- Handy Feet: In honor of "Work Without Your Hands Day", SpongeBob uses his feet to answer the phone.
- Jerkass Gods: Neptune was furious that Triton wanted to do things like play baseball and cure diseases rather than use his powers to smite people. Neptune only reconciles with his son after Triton becomes one himself and goes on a rampage through Bikini Bottom.
- So Proud of You: Upon seeing all the destruction Triton caused during his Roaring Rampage of Revenge, Neptune reconciles with Triton.
- Special Guest: John O'Hurley as King Neptune, Victoria Beckham as Queen Amphitrite, and Sebastian Bach as Triton.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: As a kid, all Triton wanted to do was play baseball and cure mortal diseases.
- You Need a Breath Mint: While talking to Triton in his cage, SpongeBob gets horribly close to the point where Triton can smell his bad breath.