Squidward hosts his own television show that soon gets raided by everyone.
"Tentacle-Vision" contains examples of:
- Abusive Advertising: This is how Plankton promotes the Chum Bucket:Plankton: And eat at the Chum Bucket or perish!
- Butt-Monkey: Squidward. His television show gets taken over, and he eventually gets kicked out of his own house.
- Cross-Popping Veins: Squidward does this when everyone is ruining his show.
- Depending on the Writer: Patrick lampshades this about his stupidity:Squidward: Patrick, just how dumb are you?
Patrick: It varies.
- Downer Ending: Played for Laughs. Not only Squidward's show gets ruined by everyone, but it's taken over by the producer without him being featured on it and can't sleep because of it.
- Get Out!: Squidward tells everyone this. This didn't work and the situation worsens when Larry and the other fish came into his house.
- Running Gag: People interrupting Squidwards show.
- Spit Take: Subverted when Squidward attempts a spit take with his coffee after finding a favorite show of his cancelled, only to realize that he hadn't actually made his coffee yet. Played straight a moment later when he notices what his show was replaced by.
I ♥ Dancing
A jealous Squidward tries to sabotage SpongeBob's dance audition.
"I ♥ Dancing" contains examples of:
- An Aesop:
- Dont get jealous of someone just because they get to do something that you want to do.
- When training someone, dont use them to your advantage, and never overwork them.
- Ironic Echo: When Squidward is "training" SpongeBob to dance, he orders him to not stop until he gets it right. In the ending, Squilliam says the same thing to Squidward when he's training him.
- Karmic Twist Ending: Squidward succeeds in wearing out SpongeBob so he can steal his spot in the dancing audition. As he gets accepted, he is rewarded with being trained by his arch-rival Squilliam.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: SpongeBob suddenly vanishes from the episode after he falls asleep, not seen waking up realizing he missed the audition. He only reappears in the last scene, watching Squidward dance for Squilliam.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: SpongeBob and Squilliam perform the same dance move and trash talk.
- Unknown Rival: SpongeBob is completely oblivious that Squidward is wearing him out just so he can stop him going to the audition.