Rebecca Louisa Ferguson Sundström (born October 19, 1983 in Stockholm, Sweden) is a Swedish actress.
Her father is Swedish and her mother English, so she was raised bilingual. She has a son due to her past relationship with then-boyfriend Ludwig Hallberg. In 2018, she gave birth to a daughter with her new partner. She announced the pair had married in 2019, although only his first name (Rory) has been revealed yet.
Born to a British mother, she grew up and graduated from school in Stockholm. Her first acting experience at the age of 15 was her role in the Swedish TV series Nya tider, leading to a role in the American TV series Ocean Ave. After participating in the BBC series The White Queen, Ferguson soon gained international attention. Her most famous role to date is Ilsa Faust in the Mission: Impossible film series, making her debut in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.
Not to be confused with the English singer of the same name.
- Nya tider (1999 – 2002) as Anna Gripenhielm
- The Drowning Ghost (2004) as Amanda
- Wallander (2008) as Louise Fredman (episode: "Sidetracked")
- The White Queen (2013) as Queen Elizabeth Woodville
- Hercules (2014) as Ergenia
- The Red Tent (2014) as Dinah
- Mission: Impossible Film Series as Ilsa Faust:
- Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) as Kathleen
- The Girl on the Train (2016) as Anna
- Life (2017) as Dr. Miranda North
- The Snowman (2017) as Katrine Bratt
- The Greatest Showman (2017) as Jenny Lind
- The Kid Who Would Be King (2019) as Morgana le Fay
- Men in Black: International (2019) as Riza
- Doctor Sleep (2019) as Rose the Hat
- Reminiscence (2021) as Mae
- Dune as Lady Jessica
- Silo (2023) as Juliette Nichols
Tropes associated with the creator's roles:
- Non-Singing Voice: While she's certainly capable of carrying a tune, she was doubled by professional singer-songwriter Loren Allred in The Greatest Showman because she was playing Jenny Lind, the best singer in the world. She did however sing "Never Enough" live on set, and did so well enough that the audience's enthusiastic reaction was not at all faked.
- Star-Making Role: Her starring role as Elizabeth Woodville in the popular miniseries The White Queen brought her a great deal of attention, with her role as Ilsa in Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation two years later cementing her prominence.