Squidward is forced to take residence in SpongeBob's house with SpongeBob and Patrick during a storm.
"Pineapple Fever" contains examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: When SpongeBob is boarding up his house to prepare for a storm, he steps on a nail.
- Big Storm Episode: A huge storm forces SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward to stay at SpongeBob's house.
- Bottle Episode: The entire episode is set at Conch Street, with most of it set inside SpongeBob's house.
- Department of Redundancy Department: SpongeBob lists the things to do inside his house:SpongeBob: C'mon Squidward, it'll be fun! While the elements rage outside, we'll snuggle in here and pass the time by playing board games, and playing tic-tac-toe, and drinkin' hot cocoa, and playing tic-tac-toe, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and watchin' TV, and drinkin' hot cocoa, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and playin' board games, and drinkin' hot tea...
Patrick: I thought it was cocoa!
SpongeBob: Oh, yeah. Hot cocoa... we'll be drinking.
- Dissension Remorse: The trio undergo this after fighting over the food.Squidward: Is this what we've really come to? Is one little storm all it takes to turn us all into complete animals?
SpongeBob: Apparently so. Well, that and a refrigerator full of food anyways.
- Eating Pet Food: While Squidward locks himself in SpongeBob's room, he gets hungry and finds a bag of food to eat. When Gary wants to eat some, Squidward refuses to share until realizing that he's eating snail food and spits it out in disgust.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: As the gang fights over the food, at one point we get a good close up of SpongeBob and Squidward's faces.
- Rapid Aging: Patrick has difficulty comprehending that there's only one place the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle can go, to the point that his rate of brain activity increases and ages him by 30 years per second, and he becomes around 200 years old over the span of 5 seconds.
- Right Out of My Clothes: "STOP THAT CEPHALOPOD!!"
- RockPaperScissors: SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward engage in this. They keep tying every time.
- This Is My Side: Squidward draws a chalk line to keep SpongeBob and Patrick from bothering him. When he went to get something to eat from SpongeBob's fridge, it backfires on him when SpongeBob, dressed as a security guard, restricts him from crossing the line.
- Tears of Remorse: SpongeBob get these during Squidward's Dissension Remorse.
- You Can Say That Again: Patrick says this after SpongeBob says that they need to get his house converted into a shelter capable of withstanding extreme weather. SpongeBob says that he can't because he just stepped on a nail.
Plankton discovers an underground cavern and uses it to attract customers.
"Chum Caverns" contains examples of:
- Everybody Cries: Mr. Krabs and Plankton start crying after realizing that they're trapped in the cavern. Even the narrator cries while notifying the audience they've been doing it for 15 minutes.
- Glad I Thought of It: Karen comes up with the idea of bringing customers to the cavern to put Mr. Krabs out of business. Plankton dismisses her as he's still crying about the beauty of the cavern, and then tells her the same thing she proposed. Karen is annoyed by this.
- Jabba Table Manners: Patrick displays this by talking while spitting chum at SpongeBob.
- No Ending: The episode ends with everyone trapped underground, with no explanation how they were freed by the next episode.