Lilo and Stitch manage to find Experiment 032, a lie detector experiment. Jumba explains that 032 forces people to tell the truth, with the belief that civilizations will fall into chaos when forced to tell the truth all the time. Lilo nicknames 032 "Fibber" and, after being ratted out for a lie, decides to have him stay withand be looked afterby Stitch. Stitch is not thrilled to have to keep an eye on Fibber.
That night, Pleakley's phone rings, waking up Lilo and Jumba. The caller is Pleakley's mother, who announces to Pleakley that she has found him someone to marry, and that there is going to be a big wedding for him and the girl back on his home planet. He is to pack his things and wait to be picked up.
Pleakley is upset by the news, so Lilo urges him to call his mother and say he already has a fiancée. Pleakley manages to successfully lie (even with Fibber buzzing in the background), only for his mother, his sister Pixley, and his brother Bertley to show up at the house shortly thereafter.
Needing a girl to pose as Pleakley's fiancée, Lilo decides to convince Nani to pretend to be the fiancée. Nani is reluctant, but only relents when she realizes Jumba would be a lousy caretaker for Lilo should Pleakley leave. As the ʻohana and Pleakley's family talk about her and Pleakley's "wedding", Nani begins to have second thoughts when Mrs. Pleakley states that Pleakley and her should have a proper ceremony to exchange "intergalactically eternal binding vows". David calls the house and learns of Nani's "engagement" from Pixley, to his shock and confusion. Meanwhile, Stitch is driven crazy by Fibber's continuous buzzing as he keeps trying to hide him.
It is only when Mrs. Pleakley informs Nani that she got a real minister from Las Vegas to officiate the wedding does Nani back off. Although distraught by Nani's refusal, Lilo manages to get Jumba to become Pleakley's new fiancée, "Jumbina".
The wedding ceremony manages to go off without a hitch (with the exception of Fibber's buzzing), but before Pleakley and "Jumbina" can be declared husband and wife, David shows up with a bouquet of flowers, still assuming that Nani is still getting married, but realizes his mistake when he sees Nani in the house. As he is trying to explain himself, Gantu shows up.
Gantu has been off on vacation, and 625 has been left in charge of the spaceship. 625 takes advantage by throwing a wild party and drowning out the noise of the beeping container with music. Hämsterviel finds out and is infuriated. Gantu tries and fails to capture Fibber, but is defeated and thrown away by Stitch. However, Gantu manages to reveal to Pleakley's family Fibber's nature as a lie detector.
Pixley, Pleakley's mother, and Bertley proceed to say mean things about Pleakley to his face, only for Fibber to buzz at everything they say, revealing that their words aren't true. Bertley admits that he was jealous of Pleakley, as he thinks he is tall, handsome, and a babe magnet (all of which is true). Pixley confesses that she thought Pleakley was creative, and tried to make herself more ambitious than him so that she could be better. But all it has gotten her was "high-powered career, a custom shoe closet, and bone-searing loneliness!" Their mother tearfully admits their struggles are all her fault; she pushed them to be successful because she wanted them to be happy. She also thinks Pleakley isn't happy because he isn't married, but Pleakley admits that he doesn't want to be married at all, content to be single. Lilo and Nani add in that, although their families can annoy them, they will still love them.
As the Pleakley family is preparing to leave, Lilo wonders where Fibber's one true place is. Before she can figure it out, Gantu appears and steals Fibber. Pleakley's mother tries to go after him, but Lilo decides that Gantu needs a little chaos in his life and lets him have Fibber. Back at the spaceship, Gantu tries to explain himself to Hämsterviel, only to have Fibber buzz whenever he tells a lie. Hämsterviel puts him on probation, while 625 and Fibber become buddies.
Experiments who were featured or were mentioned in this episode:
- Fibber (X-032): This episode's Monster of the Week; an orange experiment with a large head who is designed to buzz loudly when people lie.
- Reuben (X-625): Threw a wild party while Gantu was away.
Tropes featured in this episode include:
- An Aesop: Honesty is the best policy, and even though families may not be perfect, they are still your family.
- Arranged Marriage: They seem to be common on Pleakley's planet, Plorgonar. The episode's plot revolves around him being pressured into one by his mother, with a rather hideous-looking girl as his bride-to-be. Since he doesn't want to go through with it, but also doesn't want to disgrace his family name by refusing, Pleakley attempts to lie his way out of it by claiming to have already been engaged.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Gantu manages to successfully capture Fibber, but the alien keeps buzzing as he tries to lie his way out of trouble with Hämsterviel.
- Brick Joke: When Lilo asks Nani to pretend to be Pleakley's fiancée so that he won't leave, she asks Jumba if she can play with a chainsaw (to prove how irresponsible Jumba is in contrast to Pleakley). When Nani bails out and Lilo wonders what to do about finding someone to substitute, Jumba calls for her...with the chainsaw.
- Chekhov's Skill: Fibber only buzzes when someone is lying. When Pleakley's family gets mad at him over the fake wedding, he buzzes, informing him that the mean things they say to him aren't true.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Pleakley's attempt to lie his way out of an arranged marriage by saying he was already engaged begins to get bad when his family come to see him married. So Pleakley and Lilo convince Nani to pretend to be the former's fiancée. Then Pleakley's mother brings in a real minister, which prompts Nani to back out. Pleakley goes through with the wedding ceremony but with Jumba as the "bride", but then Gantu shows up looking for Fibber.
- Embarrassing First Name: Pleakley is embarrassed by his given name "Wendy". His mother doesn't understand why, as it meant "brave warrior" in their language.
- Given Name Reveal: This episode reveals Pleakley's given name to be "Wendy".
- It's All My Fault: Pleakley's mother admits, claiming that she pushed her children too hard. She just wanted her children to be happy.
- Lazy Bum: This episode takes another crack at 625's laziness, showing him throwing a wild party in the spaceship and drowning out the container's beeping with music. As shown by Gantu, all he had to do was press a button.
- Lethal Chef: Nani's poor cooking skills are shown when she makes dinner for her "fiancé" and his family.
- Living Lie Detector: Fibber.
- Oh, Crap!: Pleakley has one when his family show up immediately after hearing the news of his "engagement". Nani has one when she learns that Pleakley's mother has hired an actual minister to officiate.
- Reunion Show: This episode features the cast of Pleakley's voice actor Kevin McDonald's old group The Kids in the Hall as members of Pleakley's family. Scott Thompson is his mom, Bruce McCullough is his sister and Mark McKinney is his brother, while Dave Foley voices the priest.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Nani learns that Pleakley's mother got a real minister to marry her and Pleakley, she decides to back out.
- Sibling Rivalry: Bertley and Pixley Pleakley seem to torment their brother whenever they can, especially Pixley with her claims that she has a better career than him (she's the CEO of the medium-sized Glorknot Galaxy). It is later revealed that they were both jealous of him.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: David attempts this at Pleakley's wedding, under the belief that Nani was the one getting married. By the time he shows up, Jumba is the one that has replaced the bride, and Nani is in the house.
- True Blue Femininity: The wedding dress Nani is given to wear.