- "Flushed away at birth..."
The Suckling is a 1990 American Sci-Fi Horror film.
A woman is pregnant, but her abusive boyfriend doesn't want it. He drags her to a brothel where they perform back-alley abortions. Forcing an abortion, the scumbags dump the fetus in the sewer... Right into some toxic waste. Naturally, the fetus is mutated into a horrible rampaging monster. Can its mother stop the carnage?
This film contains examples of:
- The '70s: The film is set in 1973.
- Accidental Murder: One of the prostitutes guns down another thinking she's the fetus monster.
- Antagonist Title
- Back-Alley Doctor: The film is set in a brothel where they perform abortions in the back room.
- Big Bad: Phil, the Domestic Abuser whose forcing an abortion on Mary is why there even is a fetus monster.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Axel, Big Momma's son, is an Ax-Crazy thug who spends most of his screen time trying to take control of operations and harassing everybody. However, he isn't even noticed by the fetus monster and accidentally kills himself.
- Closed Circle: The fetus seals the brothel in a sort of giant placenta.
- Combat Tentacles: The fetus can use its umbilical cord to decapitate people.
- Downer Ending: The fetus monster kills everybody except it smother, and it returns to its womb. The police, finding no evidence of the creature's existence, lock the sole survivor in a mental ward, where she stays in a state of nightmare-filled catatonia. The monster itself is, of course, waiting in the womb to be unleashed again, and kills a couple of rapist orderlies.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: The fetus monster's mother is the only thing it won't kill.
- Fetus Terrible: The main antagonist is an aborted fetus mutated into a horrifying monster.
- From Camouflage to Criminal: Sherman, Big Momma's Dragon, left the Army a year before the film's events.
- Our Zombies Are Different: These are aborted fetuses resurrected by radioactive waste, who become ravenous monsters that can use their umbilical cords as weapons.
- The "The" Title