We know what to do, we keep making speedcore from our poo.
When the music's dumb, full of stupid trendy cunts,
We do what we must: We keep wanking shit as hard as fuck.
Passenger of Shit, né Swift Treweeke, is an Australian musician who specializes in speedcore and breakcore. Active since the late '90s, he is one of the most prominent members of the Australian underground, and one of many local musicians specializing in horrorcore, hardcore and noise.
He is known for his unapologetic, everything-in-excess approach to electronic music, which he refers to as "shitcore" or "sadcore." (not that kind) Ridiculously fast beats, woodchipper-fed breaks, cheesy melodies and bizarre, vulgar lyrics are more or less what can be expected. His bizarre themes carry on to his hip-hop work, as MC Bushpig, and his chaotic, shrieking noise work, foremost as Doodleinacacoon.
He is also a painter, dealing in surrealistic landscapes. Bodily harm, genitalia, and waste are recurring motifs in nearly all his art.
He fronts a lot of bands, in a wide range of styles—the foremost of these projects are rap group Butcher's Harem, its precursor Suicidal Rap Orgy, and noise trio Rancid Shit Wank. He is related to, among others, breakcore musician Dysphemic and famous painter Vernon Treweeke. He's also been involved in a number of films, including the works of the infamous Jimmy ScreamerClauz.
Tropes present in this musician's work:
- Bathos: His music, in whole, is portrayed as an absurd metaphor as to how depraved the human mind can truly be.
- Bestiality Is Depraved
- Body Horror: His rap describes turning victims into, as one spectator puts it, "literal Freudian metaphor[s]". We don't need to get into detail just how so on this wiki.
- Careful with That Axe: Some tracks are this and nothing else while others are simply garnished with it.
- Deranged Animation: The music video for "Eat My Rotten Meat", animated by none other than Emily Youcis.
- Electronic Music
- Freudian Threat: Surprisingly enough, his perception of a Freudian Threat resembles more of a turn on by his standards.
- Harsh Noise
- Horrorcore: As MC Bushpig, he raps about gore, rape, and horror themes.
- Intentionally Awkward Title: His name, not to mention all of his songs.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Taken to comedic extremes—your average Passenger Of Shit song will feature nigh-on nursery-rhyme melodies played via cheap MIDI files (or samples of something similar) alongside loud, screaming vocals concerning sex, violence, bodily waste, and absurd combinations of the above.
- Mood Whiplash: In "Dog Turds up my Vagina", Swift swifts sharply from a low-fi acoustic track to pure screeching then harsh, rapid bass beats.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: While he's known for Anal Cunt-levels of unprofessionality, he does have technical skill, and he's not afraid to show it.
- Refuge in Audacity: Up to Eleven and beyond!
- Sampling: Notable in what he samples: horrorcore songs, European Folk, children's music tapes, classical recordings, and a whole lot more, the less fitting, the better.
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: Played about with a lot, sometimes even played for laughs.
- Scenery Porn: From 2012 or so on down, he began doing live-action music videos—quite a few of them are shot in the forests near his home.
- Self-Deprecation: He frequently describes his own work as "shit" or something similar. Also turns POS into a Meaningful Acronym.
- Sensory Abuse: If your ears aren't bleeding by the end, it ain't a PoS album.
- Shoutout: MC Bushpig's 2012 album references The Human Centipede.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Practically every other word out of his mouth is some form of vulgarity.
- Stealth Parody: Of hardcore in general.
- Stylistic Suck: Taken up to eleven—his music is loud, kludges together what should be mutually exclusive elements from several seperate genres, and his lyrics are near-invariably packed with blunt vulgarity.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: Played for Laughs—they're usually the cheesiest, most disarmed numbers in his entire discography.
- Toilet Humor: Expect bountiful
- Up to Eleven: In pretty much all respects.
- MC Bushpig is horrorcore Up to Eleven.
- Weird Australian Thing: Alongside Guy Sterling and Lucas Abela, he is one of the most notorious members of the Australian underground.