Mojacko is a 74-episode anime series based on an original Manga series created by Fujiko F. Fujio. Directed by Tetsuya Endo, the anime was broadcast on TV Tokyo between October 3, 1995 and March 31, 1997.
The story of Mojacko revolves around Amano Sorao, his childhood friend Miki, and various misadventures with their alien friend Mojacko and his Robot Butler Donmo. Later, Mojacko's younger siblings Mojari and Mojaru join the gang, with Mojacko's Worthy Opponent Momonja adding to the hijinks as the story goes further.
Helping Mojacko return home, treasure hunts and various other adventures await them in this rather whimsical series.
Oddly, while Mojacko came before Doraemon, Doraemon had an anime series and several movies even before Mojacko's first animated episode.
(Needs a Better Description, that it does.)
This anime/manga contains the following tropes:
- Expy: Contrary to popular belief that Mojacko is Doraemon's expy, Fujiko penned Mojacko first before Doraemon - also a case of Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.".
- Impossible Theft: In one episode, a thief moves so fast that he inexplicably stripped of Sorao's clothes (sans his shoes) within seconds, leaving him literally naked right in front of Miki in the middle of the road.
- Mundane Made Awesome:
- The first story arc was all meant for the computer on board Mojacko's spaceship to have a color display.
- Also epic space potato planting.
- No Name Given: At least in the Filipino dub, Sorao's parents are referred to as "Daddy" and "Mommy", nothing more.
- Planet of Hats: The gang usually had trips to one, for example, a planet of thieves, a Vegas-like planet, a planet that resembles cram school, and so on.