This trope is a fanfiction where the original show's universe has suffered a Zombie Apocalypse.
- Based off To Love-Ru, "To-Love-DEATH" takes the wacky romantic comedy characters of To-Love-Ru and pits them against hordes of the screaming undead. These characters that will warm your heart, now watch them get eaten by zombies! It also has its own heavily Actionized Sequel "To-Love-CARNAGE".
- In the Death Note L/Light fic Infection L and amnesiac!Light have landed in the middle of the Zombie Apocalypse in England
- In the Death Note L/Light fic Strange Bedfellows Kira and L put aside their differences in order to help humanity survive the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Inside Out has the fanfiction Yellowjacket, where Riley and her friends Meg and Jordan (and a whole lot of adults) are essentially zombies except they're not dead, they're infected with some sort of pathogen that needs an antidote.
- Zootopia has the fanfic Pray, set within the early days of the Zombie Apocalypse, with OCs being established first.
- The aptly named Apocalypse has a Zombie Apocalypse set in the Heroes world.
- Glee seems to acquire quite a few examples:
- Just Like Last Tuesday, Except with Zombies: In which Puck leads the Glee club to the school, where they fall under the leadership of Sue Sylvester.
- Under Cover Of Darkness: The Magic School Bus fanfic in which an older Ms. Frizzle's class has to survive a mauler apocalypse. It's one big Shout-Out of The Walking Dead, though not a true crossover. While it follows a similar storyline to the tv series, there are notable differences. There are characters that share names with TWD characters, but they are not the same people, and the story isn't set in Georgia.
- Dead Air features The Powerpuff Girls city of Townsville being overrun by zombies created when a cellular revitalization formula is destroyed in the city cemetery during a fight with Mojo Jojo.
- Herald is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic where something is causing the pegasi to grab other ponies, lift them high above the clouds, drop them (to their death) when they get tired, and look for another alive pony to grab. This continues even after the Pegasus is dead.