Warning signs of a character about become Gonk with love include floating hearts, dislocated jaw bone, profuse sweating, panting, noodleing, redness of the face, and the heart attempting to escape their chest at high velocity. If you or a loved one have become gonk with love, do not be alarmed. These symptoms are often momentary and the affected individual will return to their usual artistic style soon. In extreme cases, it has been known to last for a full montage, but will undo itself as the character becomes tired.
- Sanji of One Piece is rather prone to this unfortunate condition, enough that even his new wanted poster (rather than the previous Facial Composite Failure) has a picture of him in such a state, which he isn't too thrilled about.
- A very mild Plot Device in The Seven Deadly Sins, as King thinks that Diane would prefer his Gonkish human form, rather than his child-like faerie form.
- In Gokusen, Kumiko does this when ever she is fawning over Shinohara. Her eyes go from their usual fixed glare to big, sparkly, bishojo-standard and can flick back and forth between panels when the situation calls for it.
- Shuichi of the Boys Love manga, Gravitation, does this on the rare occasion when something good happens with Yuki.
- In Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan, Sakura gets all of the mentioned traits, and even snorts like an aroused stallion.