A character who is possibly a Big Eater will most often come across a large amount of food at a buffet or maybe even a restaurant. What does he do? He will immediately dig into the food that lies in front of him. What follows after that is a montage showing the character stuffing himself with food.
This is a type of montage where a gluttonous character will engorge on a mass variety of food through a series of stills and vignettes.
- There was an extended scene in the Bleach anime where Yoruichi was eating to recover from Ulqiorra and Yammy's attacks.
- In Astérix and the Chieftain's Shield, Chief Vitalstatistix has liver problems, so Getafix sends him to a health spa to lose weight. Since the trip takes several days, we get a montage of him stuffing himself at every inn on the way, while making justifying comments like, "Everyone knows cheese is an aid to digestion". By the time they arrive, he's in such pain Obelix has to carry him.
- Volstagg of the Warriors Three got this the first time he encountered a wonder of wonders in the mortal world: an all-you-can-eat buffet. It ended with an empty buffet table and Volstagg praising it as an excellent snack for between meals.
- Implied in this LOLCats page.
- APPLE.MOV starts out as one of these, then becomes something... else.
- A November 2015 Nintendo Direct has a skit for Yo Kai Watch with this. In it, a Hungramps possesses Bill and makes him devour the donuts meant for a meeting. Reggie, who arrives later to run the meeting, is not amused.
- A stop-motion animation adaptation of the Russian folktale "The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship" provides the quote above, just before the Forester's Wife eats everything at the table.
- Squidward became involved in one of these with Krabby Patties in the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Just One Bite".
- Garfield also had one of these in a Dream Sequence in the Garfield and Friends episode "Nighty Nightmare", as well as in other episodes including "Fit For A King" and "Forget Me Not".
- Likewise, this also happened to Numbuh Two in Codename: Kids Next Door in two episodes, "Operation: N.O.-P.O.W.U.H." and "Operation: F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E."
- In Disney's first Winnie the Pooh short, the book turns page after page of Pooh stuffing himself.
- Shaggy and Scooby-Doo also had these in numerous episodes in most incarnations, due to their Big Eater status.
- Subverted in Tex Avery's 1936 Merrie Melodies short "Page Miss Glory." During Abner the Bellhop's Imagine Spot at a ritzy hotel, an obese man demands food, so four waiters hurriedly pile his table with comestibles. He takes a bit out of half an olive and leaves.
- Friz Freleng's "Pigs Is Pigs" has a little boy piglet glomping everyone else's food in the family so he is sent to bed as punishment. He has a nightmare of being force fed food by machinery until he is so obese he can barely walk. He explodes after taking one last bite out of a morsel, and then he wakes up from his dream.
- The second act of the Mr. Bogus episode "Class Clown Bogus" showed Bogus taking the opportunity to help himself to the food that is being served in the cafeteria.
- In the Looney Tunes "Holiday for Drumsticks", a hillbilly buys a turkey and gives him a banquet of food to fatten him up for Thanksgiving - fellow barnyard fowl Daffy warns him off it and puts him on a vigorous exercise regimen while he stuffs himself. By Thanksgiving the turkey is slim while Daffy has become obese and is picked by the farmer for Thanksgiving dinner.