Dirty rap, also known as booty rap, porn rap, Porn Core or sex rap, is a sub-genre of hip hop music that contains lyrical content revolving mainly around sex and sexual subjects. The lyrics are overtly sexually explicit and graphic, often to the point of extreme offensiveness. Musically, dirty rap often contains a distinctly bass-driven sound, as the sub-genre actually arose from the popular Miami Bass rap scene. Most of porn rap songs have been used as soundtracks to pornographic movies in the 2000s, replacing the traditional porn groove. Some practitioners of the Jamaican and Caribbean version, who blend rap with reggae, have been refused entry to the UK on public order grounds.note
- Amanda Blank
- Andrew E.
- MC Bushpig
- Bytches With Problems mixed in with Gangsta Rap
- City Girls
- Digital Underground
- DJ Quik, who mixed this with Hardcore and Gangsta Rap
- Filthy Frank
- Gangsta Boo mixed with Gangsta Rap
- HWA (AKA Hoes With Attitude)
- Kool Keith
- Lil' Kim Swerved into this easily.
- Megan Thee Stallion at times.
- Millie Jackson - A 70s Soul singer whose raunchy spoken interludes were the Ur-Example of dirty rap.
- Straight Outta Compton (1989)
- Poison Clan
- Riley Reid mixes this with Trap Music.
- Schoolly D
- Schoolly D (Album) (1985)
- Saturday Night! – The Album (1986)
- Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Spank Rock (a notable modern example)
- Too $hort
- 2 Live Crew (of course)note
- Trina show shades of this mixed in with Hardcore Hip Hop.
- Luther "Luke Skyywalker" Campbellnote
- Foxy Brown switched between this and Gangsta Rap, usually in the same verse.
- Big Momma
- Coco Brown Ms No Tonsels (sic), the maker of mixtapes like Pre-Cum and Porn Music (which is unfortunately in Development Hell).