A Slasher Movie from 1983.
Melissa has moved to a small town with her parents, as her father has come there to work on an archeology dig. As her sixteenth birthday comes closer, boys who hang around her keep dying horribly.
This film has the examples of:
- Attempted Rape: Billy and his pal decide to have their way with Melissa after they beat the crap out of Jason and find her soon after in the woods. She loses consciouness, and they are killed soon after.
- Attention Whore: Marci accuses Melissa of being this after she gets Greyfeather killed by telling that she saw him near Tommy's corpse.
- Auto Erotica: Melissa convinces to Johnny to take her for a ride, and he takes them to secluded spot (which he claims to be an old Indian Burial Ground) to have some fun.
- Driven to Suicide: Joanne decides to end things this way after the sheriff fails to convince her to give up her knife.
- The End... Or Is It?: The film ends with Melissa holding the bloody knife that her mother killed herself with, and a worrisome look on her face.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Jason breaks a bottle over the head of Billy's pal, and Billy readies himself for a fight with one of his own.
- Knife Nut: The victims are stabbed to death with a knife stolen from the excavation site.
- Red Herring: All the evidence point at Jason Longshadows being the culprit, especially after he breaks out from jail.
- The Reveal: Melissa's mother Joanne is the killer. She was driven mad in the past by her sister's death at her father's hands. Return to her hometown brough these memories back, and in a twisted way, she was protecting her daughter in her sister's stead.
- Shower Scene: After the opening credits, the film shows a gratuitous scene of Melissa in the shower.
- Skinny Dipping: Melissa convinces Hank to join her to swim in nude.
- Two Shots from Behind the Bar: A bar fight threatens to happen when Billy and his pal pick on Greyfeather, and Jason comes to help him. The bartender then aims his shotgun at them to break it.