Eternal Flowers is an ongoing Chobits fanfic by Webidolchiu 94 on Fanfiction.net. It follows a very very weird American girl named Amber Lee-Young and a Chobit named Garrett. They arrive in Japan under Mysterious Circumstances and try to contact Chii and Hideki. It should be noted that since Chobits takes place in the same universe of ×××HOLiC, that characters from there are mentioned and used. There is also a slight crossover with Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as the prequel story, Puella Magi Yuuko Magica shows.
Amber Lee-Young is the Heiress of a high-end computer company called Gala Inc. Her father, Dr. Shawn Lee-Young was friends with Dr. Mihara and his wife, as well as having a large role in the Chobit program.
In addition, a prophecy that threatens to destroy the world looms over them, and Chii happens to hold a very important role in the whole thing.
And there's a young woman named Angel who wants to see everyone suffer?
This Fanfiction gives examples of:
- Anger Born of Worry : Garretts first reaction, if Amber is in danger or does something stupid.
- Asleep for Days: After Amber battles Kupari, she is subject to this due to magical exhaustion.
- Bizarre Alien Senses: Seeing as Persocoms are considered another type of lifeform the list includes sensing not only wifi and radio waves, but mircowaves and even magic as well.
- Blatant Lies: Our lead character does this often.
- Bland-Name Product: Gala Inc., Picosoft Panes, and Roca-Cola didnt tip you off?
- Artificial Limbs: Amber.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Obviously between Amber and Garrett.
- Her being semi-Tsundere does not help at all with this either.
- Big "NO!": Garrett, in the virtual world, blurts this out with traumatized anguish.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Angel But Kupari as well.
- Costume Porn: In Chapter Thirty-Seven, the descriptions of the dresses for the Moonlight Gala for each female character get a lengthy paragraph.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Due to Amber having Artificial Limbs, then this becomes a recurring question for herself. Oh, and it counts toward Garrett as well.
- Damaged Soul: Amber and Chii. Freyas soul is waaay beyond damaged, and Garretts has already healed.
- Do Androids Dream?: In a word, yes they do. Question this, and a very angry Minako will be in your face.
- Fake Crossover: Junji and Minako Takeda, two OCs created by a different Chobits fanfiction author, appear in the story with said author's permission, although nearly everything aside from their appearances and personalities is portrayed differently.
- Five-Man Band:
- Leader: Amber
- Lancer: Garrett
- Smart Guy: Minoru
- Big Guy: Hideki
- The Chick: Chii
- Innocent Innuendo: Chapter Thirteen has a conversation between Minoru and Amber that also doubles as a Shout-Out.
- Insult of Endearment: Garrett often refers to his master as oujo-sama.
- I Would Say If I Could Say: A lot of Garretts humor comes in this form, after the others realize that hes a Persocom as well.
- The Nicknamer: Garrett, Amber, and even Minoru.
- Ridiculously Human Robots
- Tragic Dream: Averted
- Token Mini-Moe: Word of God has designated that Minoru is this by default.
- Tuckerization: Any of the Americans. Pick one, really.
- Unrobotic Reveal: Amber.
- Meaningful Name: There is a reason Minorus name means truth after all.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Garrett, Chii, Yuzuki, and Meroko for very interesting reasons.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Take two wild guesses.
- Prequel: Apparently Puella Magi Yuuko Magica is its prequel, but it's not quite clear how it is.
- Robotic Reveal: Garrett.
- Three Faces Of Adam: Kojima, Garrett, and Minoru (or Junji).
- Weirdness Censor: The reason why Hideki and the others did not notice anything off about Garrett or Amber until the truth came out.