Jeremy Davies (born October 8, 1969 in Traverse City, Michigan) is an American film and television actor. He is perhaps best-known for his role in Saving Private Ryan as the cowardly Cpl. Timothy E. Upham. He's a regular face on television as well, playing Daniel Faraday on Lost and Dickie Bennett on Justified, a role for which he has been twice nominated for an Emmy Award and won in 2012. Davies is known for his thin appearance, meticulous approach to acting and his naturalistic method.
- 1994 Spanking the Monkey as Ray Aibelli
- 1994 Nell as Billy Fisher
- 1996 Twister as Laurence
- 1998 Saving Private Ryan as Cpl. Timothy P. Upham
- 2002 The Laramie Project as Jedadiah Schultz
- 2002 Secretary as Peter
- 2002 Solaris as Snow
- 2003 Dogville as Bill Henson
- 2017 Justice League Dark as Ritchie Simpson
- 2018 The House That Jack Built as Al
- 2022 The Black Phone as Terrance
- 1992 The Wonder Years as Eddie Horvath
- 2008–2010 Lost as Daniel Faraday
- 2011–2014 Justified as Dickie Bennett
- 2014 Hannibal as Peter Bernardone
- 2014-2015 Constantine as Ritchie Simpson
- 2015 Texas Rising as Sergeant Ephraim Knowles
- 2016 Lucifer as Nick Hoffman
- 2016-2017 SleepyHollow as Malcolm Dreyfuss
- 2017 American Gods as Jesus Prime
- 2017 Twin Peaks as Jimmy
- 2018 Elseworlds (2018) as Dr. John Deegan
- 2020 The Rookie (2018) as Det. Bill Summerland
Video Game Roles:
- Dirty Coward: Is typecast as this a LOT with even his more heroic or neutral characters tending to have a cowardly trait.
- Dyeing for Your Art: He's been known to lose or gain weight for a role. For Rescue Dawn he lost 33 pounds. He also studied physics and mathematics to prepare for his role as Daniel Faraday; the equations seen in the character's journal are Davies' own.
- Star-Making Role: His role in Saving Private Ryan made him a name.