Texas Rising is a 2015 The History Channel TV Miniseries set at the end of the Alamo and focuses on Sam Houston (Bill Paxton) and the Texan army. The series also focuses on the creation of the Texas Rangers and it also deals with historical events like the Goliad Massacre and the Battle of San Jacinto. Other characters include Santa Anna (Olivier Martinez), Deaf Smith (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), Emily D. West (Cynthia Addai-Robinson), Moseley Baker (Crispin Glover), among many others.
Tropes of this series include:
- Historical Domain Character:
- General Sam Houston (March 2, 1793- July 26, 1863), who was the first and third president of the Republic of Texas.
- Antonio de Santa Anna (February 21, 1794- June 21, 1876) was a Mexican politician and general who was heavily influential in the nineteenth century.
- Period Piece: Set in 1836.
- Ranger: Deaf Smith leads a company of the Texas Rangers who serve as scouts for Sam Houston.