ARMS Corporation was a Japanese animation studio originally established in 1996. In August 2020, it was announced that ARMS had filed for bankruptcy.
Not to be confused with the Nintendo Switch video game ARMS.
Shows and OAVs produced by ARMS: (excluding hentai)
Tropes Associated with ARMS:
- Art Evolution: The first season of Ikki Tousen was produced by J.C. Staff, but the second season and beyond were produced by ARMS, and also replaced the first season's character designer, Shinya Hasegawa, with Rin Shin (and later, Junji Goto). Obviously, both of these factors would lead to a different art/animation style.
- Bleached Underpants: They originally produced hentai until around 2003.
- Fanservice: Virtually all of their series, the biggest cases being Ikki Tousen (Dragon Destiny and Great Guardians), Master of Martial Hearts, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls and Queen's Blade. It mostly has to do with the fact that they originally produced hentai.
- Lighter and Softer: ARMS was originally Studio Pierrot's hentai division, but would branch out into non-adult material over the last few years.
- Panty Fighter: A laundry list of them, most notable are Ikki Tousen, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, and Master of Martial Hearts.