Lois Lane returns to Metropolis after having spent some time working outside USA. She finds out that Clark still keeps the compromise ring she returned to him, and they rekindle their relationship, going straight to the wedding.
- '90s Hair: Our hero finally gets rid of his ponytail / mullet combo on the day of the wedding. Lois insists she'd marry him anyway, but she's not complaining either.
- Art Shift: Throughout the book, as nearly every major then-living artist who had worked on the various Superman titles contributed a few pages to the story, from Murphy Anderson to John Byrne to Dan Jurgens. An unpublished short piece pencilled by the late Curt Swan was inserted in the story as a flashback.
- Brought Down to Normal: Clark is still feeling the after-effects of Final Night. This at least has Maxima losing interest on him.
- Church of Saint Genericus: The Metropolis Chapel of United Faiths.
- Creator Cameo: Not only is the priest Jerry Siegel, but the ceremony also includes cameos of several artists who have worked on Superman, and their relatives.
- Damsel out of Distress: At the beginning of the special, Lois pretends to fall in love with the drug lord who captured her, then blasts herself out of their wedding, veil, gown, and all, with a Mook's stolen machine gun. (She's still wearing the torn wedding dress when she marches into the Planet office with the story.)
- Give Away the Bride: Lois makes a point of not letting her dad do this - she and Clark walk down the aisle together.
- Not Me This Time: When Mxyzptlk shows up right before the wedding, Clark confronts him and asks if he's responsible for his powers not returning. Mxy admits that he's had nothing to do with that, and does not know why they haven't come back. He also won't do anything to interfere with the wedding, because he actually wanted Lois and Clark to get married in the first place.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Sam Lane makes no effort to hide his opinion of Clark. According to Lucy Lane, he's been like this with all his daughters' boyfriends.
- Shooting Superman: Amusingly, when the depowered Clark goes out in costume we get a rare example of garden-variety crooks not bothering to do this.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Sam Lane arrives when the priest is saying this, but contrary to expectations, he just sits quietly, meaning he has finally accepted his daughter marrying Kent.
- Superman Stays Out of Gotham: Averted; Batman informs Superman that he had organized the Justice League and other heroes to look after Metropolis while Clark and Lois are on their honeymoon. Batman informed the other heroes that Superman was on a top-secret mission, explaining his absence.
- Tacky Tuxedo: It seems to be the case with Clark's wedding costume for a moment, but when he protests, he's told that the tacky costume was just to test his size and shoulder broadness, and then he's given a better tuxedo.
- They Do: Lois and Clark finally tie the knot. note
- Wedding Day: for Lois and Clark.