Sherwood, Texas is a comic book written by Shane Berryhill, with art by Daniel Hillyard, published by 12-Gauge Comics.
After the same biker gang who murdered his father leaves Rob Hood for dead, he returns to seek revenge on an epic, blood-soaked scale. Hood is joined on his quest by Padre Elvin Tuck, Will Scarlet, and Little John, as they take on the crooked Sheriff of Nottingham, TX and his partners in crime, The Nobles biker gang and their leader John Prince.
Combining biker gang stories with Spaghetti Western sensibilities, Sherwood, Texas retells the legend of Robin Hood as a modern day, noir-action story.
Sherwood, Texas contains examples of:
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: The Nobles are an outlaw biker gang engaged in human trafficking, drug smuggling and all kinds of criminal activity. They are opposed by the Jesters who are more heroic, but still outlaws.
- Badass Biker: Rob and the Jesters.
- Badass Preacher: Padre Tuck
- Beardness Protection Program: Rob Hood grows a beard as part of his disguise when he adopts the identity of Loxley.
- Buried Alive: In #1, Rob Hood is shot, tossed into an old copper mine and Left for Dead. Gisburn tosses in a stick of dynamite; collapsing the mine and burying Rob's body. He comes back.
- Cigar-Fuse Lighting: Gisburn uses a cigarette to light the fuse on the dynamite he uses to bury Rob Hood in the old copper mine in #1.
- Dating Catwoman: Rob is romantically involved with Maria, the daughter of the Sheriff.
- Dirty Cop: The Sheriff of Nottingham is in the pocket of the local gangs.
- Frame-Up: Rob and the Jesters frame Gisburn so that the Nobles think that he is The Mole who is betraying their operations.
- From Camouflage to Criminal: Rob is a decorated Navy veteran who takes over running the Jesters outlaw motorcycle gang when his father is murdered.
- Horseback Heroism: In #5, Loxley escapes an ambush in the stables and emerges on a charging horse; riding over one of the Nobles as he charges off to rescue Maria.
- Last Disrespects: The Nobles crash the funeral of Richard Hood (who they murdered) and attempt to start a fight with the Jesters. A rumble is only prevented by the arrival of the sheriff.
- Left for Dead: Rob Hood is shot, dumped in an abandoned mine and has the mine collapsed on top of him. He comes back.
- Moe Greene Special: In #5, Loxley is hiding in the stables. When a Noble opens the stall, Loxley nails him through the eye with an arrow.
- The Mole: Rob and the Jesters plant Much as a mole inside the Nobles biker gang.
- Motorcycle Jousting: This one of the events held during 'Bike Week' in #2. Rob poses as Much to win the contest so Much will be accepted into the Nobles gang.
- New Old West
- The Place
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The plot involves Rob's plan to take revenge on the Nobles for killing his father and then ambushing him and leaving him for dead.
- Setting Update: Of Robin Hood
- Sex Slave: One of the Nobles illegal operations is supplying sex slaves to the brothel run by John Prince's sister.
- The Sheriff: One of the main bad guys is the Sheriff of Nottingham County: a Dirty Cop and Corrupt Hick who is in league with the outlaw motorcycle gang the Nobles.
- Slipping a Mickey: Maria does this to Gisburn to put him out of action so the Jesters can frame him for their plan in #3.
- You Killed My Father: Rob Hood's Roaring Rampage of Revenge is kicked off when he returns from a stint in the navy to find that his father has been murdered by John Prince, leader of the Nobles motorcycle gang.