Mega Robo Bros is a Science Fiction comic by Neill Cameron that is serialised in the British comic magazine The Phoenix.
Alexander (Alex) and Frederick (Freddy) Sharma are your average robot boys living with their adopted parents in London. They go to school, they bicker over stuff, they drive their parents up the wall. You know, like average robot boys do.
Oh, and did I mention they were robots?
Yeah, that's kind of important. And because they're robots, their parents want to keep that on the down-low. Thing is, though, that doesn't always work out. Because there's currently some mystery robot out there who seems rather keen on them.
The book was released on June 2nd, 2016, which is followed by a sequel released in the same year known as Mega Robo Rumble, and another sequel released in January 2019 known as Mega Robo Revenge, which is about the two bros' half-brother Wolfram returning to get revenge on Dr Nita Sharma for what happened during the events of Super Robo Seven (a comic that tells a story on what happened before Mega Robo Bros' events).
A spinoff novel series focusing more on Freddy called the Awesome Robot Chronicles was released beginning with the book, Freddy Vs. School in 7 January 2021, with a sequel of it titled Freddy and The New Kid releasing on July 2021.
Mega Robo Bros contains examples of:
- Amusement Park: Robo World in Book 1.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Freddy is this to Alex.
- Badass Adorable: The titular characters, Alex and Freddy.
- Big Bad: Robot 23 in book 1. Wolfram in books 2 and 3
- Big Brother Instinct: Alex will immediately rush to Freddy's defense.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Robot 23 has these.
- British Royal Guards: Giant robot versions guard the palace. In Book 1 they're hacked by Robot 23 to attack the royal family, who are saved by Alex and Freddy.
- The Bully: Jamal.
- Catapult Nightmare: Alex suffers from one near the beginning of book 1, which unfortunately for him, foreshadows his connection to Robot 23.
- Clothing Damage: Alex and Freddy have these in book 1 while fighting giant robot palace guards hacked by Robot 23. They also receive these BIG TIME while fighting Wolfram in book 3
- Cool Train: The London Central Skyline, which is a wheel-less train that runs through "Grav Tubes". Robot 23 hacks it in Book 1 to open the doors while the train's still moving, and shut down the Grav Tube to have the train fall out. Luckily, Alex and Freddy save the day.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Especially, in Freddy's case, if they're robot dinosaurs who think they're dogs.
- Flying Car: All vehicles in this world fly.
- Fun with Acronyms: The organization that Alex and later Freddy work for is called R.A.I.D., which stands for Robotics Analysis, Intelligance, and Defense.
- Happily Adopted: Alex and Freddy, by Dr Nita Sharma and her husband.
- Logical Weakness: Alex and Freddy deduce in Book 1 that, since Alex and Robot 23 are from the same facility, Robot 23 is likely just as susceptible to Magnetic Pulse Generators as Alex.
- Not Quite Dead: Wolfram from book 3, Mega Robo Revenge.
- Prequel: Super Robo Seven is this to Mega Robo Bros.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Freddy and Alex respectively. They're even coloured appropriately.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Alex and Freddy and Robot 23.
- Robot Antennae: Alex and Freddy and Robot 23 have these.
- Sibling Team: Alex and Freddy.
- The Ghost: Dr. Roboticus, the creator of both Alex and Freddy, Wolfram, and the entire team of Super Robo Seven. Averted in the Super Robo Seven comics, however.
- Would Hurt a Child: The villains have no qualms about trying to defeat and even outright harm Alex and Freddy, which is probably due to the fact that both of them are the most powerful robots on Earth capable of super powers such as shooting laser beams out of their hands, flying using their rocket booster feet, super strength, and even punch/hit things with a lot of power.
- You Are Number 6: Robot 23.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Jaqueline,one of the human terrorists working for Robot 23 has light blue hair.