In the days before the Golden Age of heroes, somebody still had to maintain law and order. And that someone was Jonah Hex. Accompanied by Dr. Arkham, Hex hunts after the kidnapper Thurston Moody, facing all manner of trouble along the way.
This series contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: One of Dr. Arkham's initial impressions of Hex is that he probably had an abusive father.
- Facial Horror: As in other comics he's been in, Hex has his badly scarred face with the bulging white eye and the exposed mouth tendon.
- Funetik Aksent: Hex's dialogue substitutes an "Ah" sound for "I".
- Good Is Not Nice: Jonah Hex is not pleasant to be around, but if you want someone brought to justice, he's the guy to talk to.
- The Watson: Dr. Arkham serves as the Watson to Jonah Hex.