Sent to infiltrate Earth on behalf of the Daemonites, Priscilla Kitaen uses her telepathy and shapeshifting powers to gather intelligence on potential threats to her people, while working a day job as a stripper named Voodoo. However, after learning some secrets about her past, she begins to question her allegiance to the Daemonites.
While the series was notable for being the first New 52 series to feature a black female lead, poor sales led to a Retool at issue #5, and the series was cancelled after twelve issues.
This series contains examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: The original Voodoo was a half-Kherubim hero. This version is a half-Daemonite spy.
- Bed Trick: In the second issue , female Voodoo shapeshifts into the male partner of Agent Fallon, whom Fallon is sleeping with and who Voodoo has just killed. Voodoo then goes back to Fallon's hotel room and sleeps with her, before the truth comes out the next morning. Though it is never described as "rape", and Fallon is more angry over the death of her lover, in issue #8, when Voodoo tries to claim that they shared a legitimate emotional connection, Fallon is quick to point out that she does not love Voodoo at all, and that was simply the bond that she had with her lover. Voodoo admits that, yes, it was meaningless. She then kills Fallon.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Voodoo is supposedly a half-human, half-Daemonite hybrid. In reality, she was actually a normal human kidnapped by the Daemonites and genetically engineered by them.
- In Name Only: While in theory this is just a retelling of Voodoo's origins, it veers very far away from the version of Voodoo seen in WildC.A.Ts.
- Kill and Replace: Early in the series, Voodoo kills an FBI agent and impersonates him, even going so far as to have sex with his lover while posing as him.
- '90s Anti-Hero: Voodoo used to belong to a team of these types, but this series makes her into one herself.
- Tyke Bomb: The Daemonites raised Priscila Kitaen from an early age to believe that she was born one of them.
- Villain Protagonist: When the series opens, Voodoo is a loyal spy for the Always Chaotic Evil Daemonites.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: This is part of Voodoo's powerset - she can assume the forms of other people.