The Collapsing Future
Beware! Unmarked spoilers ahead, so don't read if you didn't watch season 3.
Tropes found in the Collapsing Future:
- Apocalypse Cult: The End of Dayers.
- Apocalypse How: The Alternate Universe experienced a Class X-4. The Prime Universe is currently experiencing a Class 1. Walternate intends to upgrade this to a Class X-5 by destroying the Prime Universe.
- Butterfly of Doom: The destruction of the Alternate Universe essentially doomed the Prime Universe.
- Crapsack World: Due to the destruction of the Alternate Universe, the soft spots in the Prime Universe become increasingly common. The Fringe Team has to use Amber to delay the universe's destruction.
- Expendable Alternate Universe: Averted. Both universes need to exist to survive.
- Reset Button: Peter instead choosing to save the two universes instead of destroying the other one prevents this future.
- Terminally Dependent Society: On the Alternate Universe.
- You Can't Fight Fate: The Prime Universe cannot survive without the Alternate Universe. Even if Walternate wasn't trying to destroy the Prime Universe, the intensity of the vortexes would eventually become too powerful to stop.
Leader of Fringe Division in 2026.
The niece of Olivia, Ella has recently joined the 2026 Fringe Division.
He took the blame for causing the collapse of the Prime Universe and the destruction of the Alternate Universe. He is temporarily let out of prison to help Fringe Division mend the Prime Universe.
- "The entire globe is disintegrating, we're running around putting on band-aids, and every day more people are lost because of it and Walter is responsible."
Portrayed by Lance Reddick
The former head of Fringe Division, Broyles is now a US Senator.
- "Considering your world was destroyed by a wormhole, I suppose it's fitting."
The public leader of the End Of Dayers.
Tropes associated with Moreau:
- Les Collaborateurs: He's working with Walternate to destroy his own universe.
- The Dragon: To Walternate.
- Light Is Not Good: The "Electriight" bomb. An explosion of light, and everything around is completely destroyed.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He's opening vortexes in soft spots to accelerate the universe's destruction.
- Wicked Cultured: Seems to enjoy opera, but not enough that he won't destroy the opera house.
One of the last survivors, if not the only survivor, of the Alternate Universe. Walternate is determined to destroy the Prime Universe for retribution.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Walternate plans to destroy the Prime Universe because of the destruction of his universe.
- Sole Survivor: Quite possibly of the Alternate Universe.
- Trapped in Another World: Walternate came to the Prime Universe to save his world, but he was stranded in the Prime Universe because of his own world's destruction.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Considering that everyone from his universe is dead, he feels motivated to destroy the Prime Universe as payback.