edited 24th Mar '17 6:57:22 PM by nombretomado
edited 1st Apr '13 11:14:29 AM by shoboni
- Donovan from The Last Crusade has no hesitation to send many "volunteers" the death traps in order to get the Holy Grail or shooting Henry Sr to convince Indy to get the Holy Grail for him.
- Ahtam Zahidov of Private Wars. He starts the book by raping and then torturing and killing a pro-western leader in Uzbekistan. Even after she tells him what he wants to know, he has her tortured even worse.
edited 1st Apr '13 12:27:25 PM by TVRulezAgain
edited 1st Apr '13 12:01:23 PM by Lightysnake
edited 1st Apr '13 12:38:57 PM by Lightysnake
- Complete Monster: Not the Frost brothers (who are Smug Snakes at worst) but New Earth Federation leader Lord Fixx Bloodman and SRA leader Seidel Rasso. They don't survive the final battle.
- Forcing Newtypes to fight as soldiers.
- Trying to Take Over the World (and succeeding at that), bringing all of the new nations of earth under his control.
- Taking advantage of the New Federation assembly's destruction to become sole dictator of earth.
- Invading the space colonies.
- Turning Cloud 9 into a Police State that tolerates no dissent.
- Covering up the existence of Newtypes on Earth so that his Master Race philosophy will go unquestioned.
- Executing his right hand man, Nichola, for suggesting he sign a peace treaty with Earth.
- Obliterating the rebellious colony of Satelicon with photon torpedoes, killing everybody aboard.
- Ordering a Kill Sat fired at Earth with the intent of killing everybody, Newtype and Oldtype alike who is living there.
edited 1st Apr '13 1:12:27 PM by AmbarSonofDeshar
- Jack Simpson ruthlessly torments his fellow midshipmen, both physically and emotionally. He inflicts No-Holds-Barred Beatdown and Kick Them While They Are Down on Horatio, beating the living crap out of him, smacking his face against a table and kicking him mercilessly in the stomach. He claims that he knows the guys' dirtiest secrets and what gnaws their souls, and uses it as blackmail. It's heavily implied that his abuse of Archie Kennedy is the worst because Archie is the one most terrified of him and Simpson's mere presence gives him stress-induced Convulsive Seizures. Simpson was able to manipulate the situation and was never held responsible for his actions, and the others were punished instead. Later he shoots one shipmate in the middle of a raid just after setting another adrift in a row boat. He cheats in a Duel to the Death, claiming that it was a misfire. When his life is spared, he's unable to deal with Cruel Mercy and tries to stab his opponent In the Back.
- Possible arguments against him being a Complete Monster: He was a rather short-lived character and not all that powerful, being only a midshipman, but he kept haunting Archie even after his death. No justification or motivation for his actions whatsoever, though he obviously took pleasure in the sadistic bullying and his evil games. His family background or back-story is not mentioned. He was ambitious and wanted to become an officer, but was shown to be rather stupid for it (e.g. during the navigational class). When he first appeared, he informed the midshipmen that his commission for Lieutenant was refused and that he was degraded from Acting Lieutenant to Midshipman once again. He was never kind to anybody. The best we get are Crocodile Tears when he was describing how Justinian had been destroyed and how Captain Keene had died, or his buttering up of a lieutenant from another ship.
- Colonel Moncoutant. He's one of the leaders of French Royalist troops who set on a mission to restore the monarchy in France during the French Revolution with the help of the British Navy. However, he doesn't care about his soldiers or the cause at all. He's very proud that he's an aristocrat, and he believes that common people are impossible to improve, comparing them to farm animals. He's very sneering about Horatio who is only a commoner and poor seaman in his eyes. He keeps killing off villagers with his personal guillotine one after another just for selling old bread and similar stuff. He was willing to shoot a child for singing Marseillaise, though admittedly, the boy was pushing his Berserk Button a little too hard and was Too Dumb to Live, having just witnessed that the song has got the mayor killed. He is shown to care only for his manor, paintings, art collection and meals.
- He's not that menacing. His eye bulging can come off as hammy and slightly narm-y.
- Motivation: He believed that it's his lawful right to have an easy life of a French aristocrat because he was born that way. He probably cared for the tradition itself, which is all right, but for example his family or aristocratic friends are never mentioned as a part of it. He didn't behave with compassion to anyone.
- Jack Simpson? Yes, million times yes. He's horrible and an absolute Nightmare Fuel of a character.
- Moncoutant? Yes, but less strong than in Simpson's case.
EDIT: Keeping score for those potential CM's:
- Jack Simpson:
- Yay: 4 (X Fllo, Lightysnake, Occasional Exister, Ambar Sonof Deshar)
- Nay: 0
- Yay: 3 (X Fllo, Lightysnake, Occasional Exister)
- Nay: 0
edited 4th Apr '13 9:33:01 PM by XFllo
- Silent Ponyville The Colt, he butchers foals alive and bakes them into cupcakes, and never shows remorse for his actions. He even feeds Pinkie a cupcake made from her own little sister. Celestia herself says noone has committed crimes as heinous as his in centuries, and has to think twice before declining to have him executed.
edited 1st Apr '13 2:52:30 PM by shoboni
- In Brave New World, the Nihilators are MADE of this trope. We could list all of the monsters here, but there's a more detailed list on the page. Although, bizarrely enough, the aforementioned Deoxys has made a Heel–Face Turn. Justified because of the new world and because both Deoxys and the Mother came together as one, so he isn't really the same one. Before, he was pure evil (see quote above) and apparently anything evil could be traced back to him. Now, he's more of a Hive Mind and a local deity.
- He comes across as a monster. But his Villainous Breakdown is making even Darkrai pity him. A little bit, not too much, but enough to realise that he isn't a two-dimensional villain with no redeeming features.
- Bellum, a Froslass who finds great joy in not only freezing, killing and torturing her opponents with much enthusiasm, but also in torturing her youngest daughter, sometimes for the thrill of it. Entirely for the thrill of it. Lily was created in the image of Bellum's greatest enemy, Fantina - even hurting Fantina in effigy was good enough for Bellum.
- Let's face it, she makes Ghetsis look like a loving father. At least the aforementioned "loving father" didn't create N for the sole purpose of abusing him.
- Prof. Tarantulas, a cyborg Ariados who experiments on his patients, not only taking pleasure in harming them, but also occasionally killing some of them, driving them insane, or closing their hearts to become his unwilling servants. He's the Pokemon version of Josef Mengele.
- Chobin, Prof. Tarantulas' assistant who is arguably the most disgusting Pokemon in existence. Completely and totally psychotic, he has in the past sexually violated, tortured, and eaten the patients Tarantulas is done with. Revealed later on that he's being cloned and has been killed several times. This does not help. Neither does finding out that the International Police want him captured more than Tarantulas.
- Paul. Yes, it's not much of a stretch from the anime version of Paul, but he got worse.
- J, who is even worse than in the anime - especially since, as a Pokemon Hunter, she's technically a serial kidnapper in this world.
- Now there's Gal, the Monkey King of Mount Blaze. When Team ACT is sent after him, he not only murders Allen, but he also brutally beats Charlie and rips his wings off. (Ironically, this is partly what leads to his downfall.)
- The Hive Queen is responsible for brainwashing Misty into thinking she was a bug, making her part of a Hive Mind. She went through years of horrific living until rescued, and she is unable to cope with emotions as a result.
- They also makes a habit of devouring their own minions.
- Mewgle. Some things never change.
- The Legendary Birds, so freaking much. It gets worse when it's revealed that The Birds became Shadows of their own free will. It's IMPOSSIBLE to purify them.
- Ghetsis has been mentioned. God help us. Especially given the chance he'll be far worse.
- The Manga/Naruto fanfic Naruto Vs Sasuke The Aftermath has Sasuke and the rest of the Sound village, who rape and kill just because. Sasuke rapes Sakura just because she wanted to join him and for some weird reason, this is treated as a Kick the Son of a Bitch moment.
edited 1st Apr '13 3:06:42 PM by randomtroper89
edited 1st Apr '13 4:30:48 PM by XFllo
edited 1st Apr '13 4:33:19 PM by xie323