's Tv tropes page. This is me.
My contributions to the wiki:
Tropes that I proposed and launched:
Tropes I got to launch or helped to get close to launching
I provided Trope Images for these pages:
My favourite troping, articles that I wrote, pages that I launched, and the like:
My first edit:
- I think it was Awesome Mc Cool Name, a Real Life example for Kryštof Harant z Polžic a Bezdružic a na Pecce, which translates as Christopher Bastard from After-spoons and Without-satellites and on Fruit-stone. When I think about it, it might be a bit of an Unfortunate Name, but people generally think it's awesome and Bad Ass. Which Kryštof Harant was! I love that guy.
- Or it could have been an example of Berserk Button in Real Life that got deleted later as a part of bigger clean-up. The History folder was full of natter back then, so I figured why not to add some more? I added my personal Berserk Button, and claimed it would be one for more Czechs, which I still believe is true. It was actually what got me to edit - one example on Never Live It Down said that historians are slowly coming to a conclusion that Chamberlain might have been right in his politics of appeasement and not declaring a war on Germany right away. It did mention, though, that Czechoslovakia might have got screwed up in the process. It did push my Berserk Button real hard! And as a result, here I am!
What brought me to this wiki:
I think it was Aliens Speaking English
or something similar. Perhaps Artistic License - Linguistics
. I was in the process of re-watching Star Trek: The Next Generation
and Googling for some stuff. Or Awesome Mc Cool Name
or Fail O Sucky Name
. I also realized that I had posted one question on Remember that show? forum long before I decided to get an account. Can you now post there without an account now?
open/close all folders
These are tropes that I noticed in works before I knew there was any such thing as this wiki. Or fiction analysis whatsoever.
Tropes That May Or May Not Define Me in Real Life. Unreliable Narrator, you know
- Always Someone Better: There always is.
- Brainy Brunette: I wish.
- Bookworm: I used to be a really big one and I was devouring one book after another. But now I mostly keep re-reading Jane Austen and my other favourite literature. Sigh.
- Blind Without 'Em: Close.
- Geeky Turn-On: Languages, linguistics, certain words. The sound of words like "mirror", "bureau", "spirit" and similar fascinates me. Really.
- Learnt English from Watching Television: It helped me to improve.
- Omniglot: I love languages and I try to learn the basics of... well, a lots of them.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Some people suggest I have this look with fairly light skin with dark hair. Though I tan easily and it gets spoilt in summer.
- Scully Box: Feel like I need one all the time.
- X Makes Anything Cool: I wanted to be known as Fllo, but that one was already taken. So I figured... X will make it cool! You can call me X or Fllo. I also respond to Filo, but it really is double l.
My favourite fiction
- Film (animation):
- Film (live action):
- Live action TV:
- Western Animation
- Around the World with Willy Fog: Oh my, perhaps my first favourite show ever. When I as about three or four, I so shipped Romy and Mr Fog. (Now I sometimes ship Romy and Barnabash, that's how Rigoddon is called here.)
- The Simpsons: It deserves a mention. I loved the early seasons, but I no longer watch it.
- Futurama: I watched it and adored it till the first cancellation.
- Web Original
My Favourite Tropes