Describe Dr. Psyche here:
Dr. Psyche is a pseudonym of someone who lives in the real world. Who is this person? Someone on the internet that's who.
I'm pleasant enough, not very opinionated, obsessed with Transformers
kinda cynical, and I have very thin skin.
- Tear Jerker: Pretty much immune, I can't understand the sheer emotion that people put into these pages, I've only cried once. It was at a Movie, Black Beauty, I was a lot younger, and staring at a TV screen for too long without blinking. I can't relate to it when people say they were choked up or in tears at something, I can watch most sad scenes with a straight face.
- My Heart is a lump of coal, of course it kinda fell apart, so I replaced it with some obsidian, it's so shiny now.
Stuff I like:
- Anti-Villain: I always like the bad guys, be it for Strawman Has a Point or Evil Is Cool, and making them sympathetic makes me liked them even more.
- Complete Monster: Fascinating trope, the worst of the worst, not sympathetic at all, something which I find impossible in the real world. These characters are the special kind of villains who are absolutely detestable, and I love it. That's why I regularly contribute on the Subpage Cleanup, I want this distilled to the select few who qualify.
- Continuity Porn: First and Foremost I am a Transformers fan, I'm attracted to things like this and Running the Asylum, that's almost crucial to what I do.
- Mauve Shirt: Always drawn to them, not quite as important as the main characters, but I'm normally rooting for these people, not taking relevance, but still doing something.
Shows Dr. Psyche follows
- Ben 10: Omniverse: Oddly enough, the Base Breaker character designs and Animation drew me to this, after I left the series when Alien Force concluded. I finished Alien Force and am now watching Ultimate Alien. This show I follow every week. I love the animation, and most of the designs, but the character flaws and Denser And Wackier nature really drag on it. I still like what's good more than I hate what's bad. Ben taking a level in Dumbass and Jerkass get's annoying, but it's getting better, kinda.
- Gravity Falls: Hilarious, awesome, and a neat premise. I really want to see more, and I can't get enough of the animation or creativity they do in it. Mabel had huge potential to be annoying as the ditzy cloudcuckoolander (being a combination of annoying and stupid and possibly an Idiot Houdini), but she's one of my favorite charcters, being able to take things seriously when she needs to. There are two main issues with this trope, 1, Dipper's Pernicious Crush, the trope itself is really creepy to me, and it almost never goes anywhere, with the older character letting the younger one down, I just don't care. 2nd, the Myth arc, it was set up in the first episode, but it barely progresses.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012): Not a Big Turtles Fan, but this seemed like a good jumping on point. Animation is nice, plot moves forward and is easy to follow and interesting. Designs of villains are cool. Personalities of the turtles are problematic. Donnatello liking April, first off, ew, 2nd, It's not going anywhere, 3rd, acting on the crush is kinda cringeworthy and not really interesting. Michelangelo, he delivers some of the funniest lines he also delivers some of the most annoying. Raphael I know he's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, but sometimes his Jerkass behavior is way too much.
- TRON: Uprising: Beautiful, the animation is gorgeous, frankly it's just amazing to look at. The plot is great, it takes itself remarkably seriously and treats its themes with gravitas. I love how it expands on the Tron universe, showing the program's biology and culture. All the things that they can do as well as all the vehicles. It's not canceled yet, but needs more viewers, it's airing at midnight, so that's not going to happen ant it's as good as canceled. I'm going to miss this more than Green Lantern and Young Justice.
- Young Justice: Love it, the plot is interesting, the designs are cool. Problems are really glaring though, first half of the season, the personalities were really annoying (especially Superboy and Kid Flash), The catch-phrases were taxing, and the plot moved too slowly. It got better as time went on. Season 2 has a more focused plot, a crappy hiatus, and too much focus on Blue Beetle. In addition, they did a time-skip, and haven't really explored all that much of what happened during it.
Pages Dr Psyche has created
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Transformers: More than Meets the Eye
Transformers Maximum Dinobots
Webcomics Dr. Psyche follows
Looking for Group
The Order of the Stick