Wrestling: Scott Steiner
"See through all my career, I've wrestled
in alotta countries..."
Scott Steiner: This night, we're gonna beat you atchoo own game! And afters all's sun'n'done, you're gonna be taking splinters outta your FAAAT ASSES, all night night, 'cuz you got some FAAAT ASSES. Know what chance you have? You have no chance, but you had a chance, was so could run lickety-split! But you can't run, 'cause you got the FAAAT ASSES.Scott Steiner, AKA Big Poppa Pump, AKA The Genetic Freak, AKA The Big Bad Booty Daddy, AKA Scott Rechsteiner (real name Scott Carl Rechsteiner) is a wrestler maybe best known for his distinctive chainmail coif and multicolored beard, his obscenely muscled figure and his tendency to go overboard when presented with a mic.He works either alone or as one half of The Steiner Brothers, a tag team with his real brother, Rick. After starting in Dick The Bruiser's World Wrestling Association in Indianapolis in 1986, he went on to work in Jerry Lawler's Continental Wrestling Association in Memphis before joining his brother Rick in late Spring-early summer 1989 in WCW. They stayed until around the end of 1992 and debuted in WWE at the start of 1993. They left in 1994 and went to their other home in New Japan Pro Wrestling. They also made some appearances in ECW in 1995 before returning to WCW in early 1996, staying all the way to the bitter end. Aside from international tours, they largely went their separate ways after that. Scott returned to WWE at Survivor Series 2002, had a notoriously bad match with Triple H at the 2003 Royal Rumble, and stuck around until 2004. Scott has had a few runs in TNA since 2006, either on his own or teaming with Rick, along with various independent and Japanese appearances. Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former WCW World Heavyweight Champion, a former 2x WCW United States Heavyweight Champion, a former 2x WCW World Television Champion, a former 6x WCW World Tag Team Champion, a former WCW United States Tag Team Champion, a former 2x WWE World Tag Team Champion, a former 2x New Japan Pro Wrestling IWGP Tag Team Champion and a former TNA World Tag Team Champion. Unlike the other tag team titles mentioned here, he held that last one with Booker T.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
Rick Steiner: WOOF WOOF!
Rick Steiner: WOOF WOOF!
"TO ALL MY FREAKS OUT THERE, BIG POPPA PUMP IS YOUR HOOKUP! HOLLA IF YOU READ MY TROPES!":
- Angrish: His native language.
- Arch-Enemy: The Varsity Club (Kevin Sullivan and Mike Rotunda)note , Doom (Ron Simmons and Butch Reed), The Nasty Boys, the Miracle Violence Connection (Dr. Death Steve Williams and Terry "Bamm Bamm" Gordy), the Quebecers (Jacques Rougeau and Pierre Carl Ouelette), Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray), the Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash), Diamond Dallas Page, Goldberg...The Steiners feuded with a LOT of teams, and, ever since his big heel turn in 1998, Scott's tended to make a lot of enemies.
- Artistic License – History: No Scott, Pearl Harbour did not bomb the Germans.
- Bash Brothers: Literally, with Rick.
- Berserk Button: You really shouldn't use the word 'hurricanrana' around Scott Steiner.
- Big Damn Heroes: His return to TNA on 1/26/11 had him saving Kurt Angle, Matt Morgan, and Crimson from a nine on one Immortal beatdown.
- Big Little Brother: Nearing the end of their initial run, Scott once boasted that Rick was the older brother but he was the bigger brother.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: His WCW commentary is the stuff of legends. Most of it got his ass suspended, though."Hulk Hogan worrying about his "spot"! Well, he can have his spot! His bald spot! His "limp gimp to the ring" spot! His age spot! His non-ethnic spot....!"
- Steiner likes to boast that he has never failed a drug test ever. How did he swing that? "I told them to have Triple H pick me up in a limo, then we could go test together. They never asked again."
- Blond Guys Are Evil/Expository Hairstyle Change: Scott turned his hair bleach blond when he betrayed his brother and joined the New World Order.
- Breakup Breakout: With his brother Rick. Ironically during their tag team days the team was considered "Rick Steiner and his less interesting brother". Then Scott turned heel and started the Big Poppa Pump gimmick, while Rick floundered in the upper midcard and then turned heel. Rick made a pretty good face, but was a complete heat vacuum as a heel.
- The Brute: For the NWO during his time in it, for team Eric Bischoff at Survivor Series and for the main event mafia prior to its acquisition of Samoa Joe, or maybe not if you consider Joe more of a sixth column.
- Call Back: In one promo he claims to have set up Bully Ray with Abyss's girlfriend, emphasizing she's fat. The following week, he asks if Ray went through with it, and when Ray says no, Steiner admits he can't fault him because she is fat.
- Captain Ersatz: Like many nWo members, he has one in Fire Pro Wrestling.
- The Casanova: Often followed by women in WCW, those being Tylene Buck, April Hunter, Kim Kanner, Midajah (his main valet), and Pamela Paulshock.
- Casanova Wannabe: Attempts to woo women in TNA were played up more for laughs, usually interviewer Lauren Thompson trying to politely downplay his direct advances.
- Catch Phrase
- "BIG POPPA PUMP IS YOUR HOOKUP! HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME!"
- Loves to call his opponents rednecks/WHITE TRAAAASH, and/or fat, even when neither term is applicable.
- Cloudcuckoolander"Remember when Pearl Harbor bombed the Germans!"
- Cooking Duel: Refused to engage in a pose down with Rob Terry.
- Cool Shades: He even wears them indoors and at night.
- Darker and Edgier: The mid-90s makeover, with emphasis on the "edgier" (to ridiculous levels).
- Drives Like Crazy: In Real Life, according to Petey Williams. On one occasion that Petey was riding with him, Steiner was barrelling down the interstate in the pouring rain at 100 miles per hour, weaving in and out of traffic, and later that night ran a red light to drive the wrong way down a one way road.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Despite the look lasting for twelve years, many viewers still can't believe the mullet-ed, singlet wearing Scott from the Steiner Brothers tag team is the same as the massive, blond-haired Big Poppa Pump. During a match with Rick against The Road Warriors at Starrcade 89, he's arguably the smallest of the four.
- Evil Foreigner: To Mexicans while working for La Legion Extranjera in AAA
FiveTwo Moves Of Doom
- The Steiner Recliner and various (fewer as the years go on) suplexes. He originally had a more diverse moveset, but as his steroid abuse took more and more of a toll on his body, he's become unable to perform most of them.
- He's recently reintroduced the Frankensteiner into his arsenal. Off the top turnbuckle. It's bizarre seeing somebody that size doing a move like that...
- It's called the Frankensteiner for a reason.
- Face-Heel Turn: In WWE, after Stacy Keibler accidentally hit him with a chair, he gradually became a supporter of Test and then of Eric Bischoff.
- Finishing Move:
- In singles, the Steiner Recliner, the Frankensteiner, and the Steiner Screwdriver
- In the Steiner Bros tag team, the Steiner Bulldog and the Steiner DDT
- Freaky Is Cool: I his own words, more or less.
- Genius Bruiser: He did, after all, graduate from a "highly educated university".
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Not that anyone can tell. Basically, the only thing that determines whether he is a heel or a face is who he's going to fight next.
- Gimmick Matches: Scott Steiner defeated Petey Williams in a chain mail on a pole match in TNA, the winner reserving the right to wear chain mail as their entrance attire.
- Heroic RROD: If he can be called heroic. As stated above, he abuses steroids so much that he can't do any technical moves more complex than a basic belly-to-back suplex anymore and he can barely straighten his arms!
- Hero Killer: His heel world championship run during the dying days of WCW had him credited for putting Diamond Dallas Page, Sting, Booker T, Sid and Kevin Nash out of action.
- Hot-Blooded:Brandon Stroud: I’m like 99% sure the Steiners don’t know wrestling is fake.
- I Call Him Mr Happy: Steiner calls his The Big Dipper, after the constellation of the same name.
- Jerkass: There's several stories of Steiner bullying almost everybody backstage at WCW, and getting his title shot because everyone was legitimately afraid of him. Considering how many times he's been taken to court, there might be some truth to it.
- Jerkass Has a Point: According to Lance Storm, Scott Steiner's shoot rants on Ric Flair near the end of WCW actually might hold some truth to them, as Lance refers to a disastrous early 90's PPV matchnote between Flair and Scott (that was apparently the testing grounds for a solo Scott push, years before Big Poppa Pump) that killed Scott's momentum dead. So Scott felt that Flair sabotaged his first big push, hence the rants.
- Jerk Jock: Both in kayfabe and in Real Life. Basically, you have to show him you won't be bullied around or he'll tear you to pieces.
- Affably Evil: According to Petey Williams on Colt Cabana's podcast, if you stand up to him, he'll back down and actually turn out to be a (reasonably) nice guy.
- Kavorka Man: That obnoxious, loudmouth bully with the ridiculous physique seemingly has "freaks" in every town. During Test's Domestic Abuser angle, Stacy Keibler had turned to Scott Steiner for protection, but Big Poppa Pump had another way of looking at it.Scott: "She's with a real man now! A genetic freak!"
- Lightning Bruiser: In his prime.
- Logic Bomb: Okay, so he has a reputation for being more than a little unhinged in his promos. But since he comes from "a highly educated university," when he addresses the crowd, he has to dumb himself down.
- Malaproper: It might take awhile to get what Scott Steiner says sometimes, as he sometime pronounces words non standardly or substitutes something else in their place. Example: the infamous WCW promo where he tells Mean Gene he's going to get even with Goldberg for "fractioning" his face.
- Mind Screw: In the above promo, he also managed to bring up astrological physics and quantum theories as a metaphor about how much his "freaks" lust over him. Oh hell, just see it for yourself.
- In his big debate on RAW with Christopher Nowinski (Yes. Really.), he opens by saying he's wrestled in a lot of countries. Unfortunately, it sounds garbled to the point that you'd think he said he's wrestled a lot of countries. Granted, Scott Steiner vs. Papua New Guinea would be a ratings diamond mine, but...
- The famous "I'M HUNGRY!" promo from TNA Against All Odds 2007 has Scott telling someone how he's "doin' him an egg."
- Telling Kevin Nash that he has no "Sympy" for him.
- Multicolored Hair: His beard
- No Indoor Voice: From his big Poppa Pump gimmick onwards
- No Sell: He's no sold being sprayed in the face with mace (yet was put down by a chair shot from Stacy Keibler. Consistency, what's that?)
- Oh, Crap: Often elicits this response when he grabs a microphone.
- Pec Flex: As seen in the above image, and he flexes everything else for that matter, especially biceps.
- Power Stable:
- (in WCW): the NWO
- (in WCW): the New Blood (originally led by Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff with Jeff Jarrett as the centerpiece before the group fell apart)
- (in WCW): the Magnificent Seven (w/Ric Flair leading the Steiners, Totally Buff [Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell], Jarrett and Road Warrior Animal) in the final dying months of WCW.)
- (in TNA): The Main Event Mafia
- (in TNA): Immortal
- Precision F-Strike
Jerry Lawler: Uh-oh!
- His first words upon returning to the WWE at the 2002 Survivor Series: "Gimme a fuckin' mic!"
- Also counts as an Atomic F-Bomb, as this shout came through loud and clear even though Scott (obviously) didn't have a handheld mic.
- Has had a tendency from his early days to yell a loud "FUCK!" and being heard without the need of a mic.
- During a German WCW event: "I could shave my ass and walk backwards and look better than the women, or what you call women, here in Germany, so FUCK YOU!"
- Real Life Writes the Plot: There is a persistent rumor that Scott Steiner got his world title push in WCW because everyone else backstage was legitimately terrified of his angry outbursts.
- Ring Oldies: Still had an impressive physique and wrestled at fifty.
- Signature Move: Besides the
hurricanranaFRANKENSTEINER he popularized, Scott Steiner is also known for kissing his bicep before landing an elbow drop and for doing near endless belly to belly suplexes. His knife edged chops also get an especially loud "woo" on account of his arm size.
- Sock Puppet: Said that if TNA wrestlers refused to start a twitter account, TNA would start a twitter for them. So he used his own twitter account to stop people from "making" him tweet what he wanted.
- Squash Match: Squashed multiple people in Juggalo Championship Wrestling, naturally. Got to team up with Big Van Vader at Bloodymania 6.
- Stalker with a Crush: In TNA Scott Steiner was to Kristal Marshall, wife of Bobby Lashley. (sound familiar?) It started with Steiner harassing her while she was an audience member and escalated to attempted kidnapping.
- Tag Team:
- with Rick, of course.
- In Memphis, he and Del Wilkesnote teamed under masks as the Wrestling Machines.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: "SIZE DOES MATTER, BITCH!!"
- The Unintelligible: Steiner has a tendency to do this in promos.
- Unstoppable Rage
- Has been fined and taken to court many times due to instances of 'roid rage. He basically flies off the handle for everything these days.
- Ironically, it led to the biggest push of his career at the tail end of WCW.
- Verbal Tic
- Wrestlers Cannot Do Math/Artistic License – Statistics
"Normally if you go one-on-one with another wrestler you have a fifty-fifty chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal. You've got a 25% at best at beat me! And then you add in Kurt Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down! See, the three-way, at Sacrifice, you have a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning, but I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, cause Kurt Angle knows he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try! So Samoa Joe, you take your 33 and 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance, and you've got an 8 and 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and 2/3 percent, I have 141 and 2/3 percent chance of winning at Sacrifice. Señior Joe, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice!"
- One rather (In)famous promo by Steiner has him saying why his upcoming opponent has such a poor mathematical chance of victory. It's... a lesson in how not to apply maths to wrestling.
- Note that all of those numbers, while still nonsensical, were formed from technically correct equations. It also should be said Samoa Joe did, in fact, win that match. Those are the kinds of odds John Cena is known for overcoming.
- Wrestling Family: As mentioned above, Rick Steiner is his real brother.
- Would Hit a Girl: Took down Victoria on an episode of Raw. 
- "I'M HUNGRY!"