Lady Sylvan is an unusually trope heavy Shrinking Violet
from somewhere vaguely near San Francisco. First premiered to the world on October 21, and has just premiered her 18th season. Not a Known Troper
in the slightest, and hasn't the faintest idea of how one becomes one.
English nerd and future librarian/writer hybrid. Trying to learn to draw, although I still suck a fair amount.
Has strange but innocent fascinations with Nazi Germany
and post-apocalyptic storylines.
Currently hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
(yes, I know, am I ever behind the times.)
Kills her free time playing The Sims 3
, Team Fortress 2
, Wolfenstein 3D
, and was formerly a World of Warcraft
Caffeine addict. Totally. MOUNTAIN DEW AND ROCKSTAR!
Has an insane crush on Stephen Colbert
(And Christopher Plummer.
And Sharlto Copley.
And...well, I'm not going to say who else.*)
Makes fanvideos and AMVs when she finds a song and a movie that go well together.
Tries to be friends with everyone, but yeah.
I can also speak in the first person. ^_^
I'm an editor for the 9
pages above all else. My favorite books are 1984
, The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray
and The Goodness Gene
(page editor-one of the very few.) I listen to a lot of music, but my favorite artists right now are Lady Gaga
. (Don't ask. I'm confused too.)
This troper provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Jewish
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Berserk Button (If I happen to be going through a rough patch in my life, do not - DO NOT - suggest I talk to a therapist. Actually, it's best to avoid bringing up anything involving therapy, psychiatry, or antidepressants in a conversation with me, as I have issues with that entire system. Also, don't you dare pity me.
- Bi the Way
- Book Worm
- Break the Cutie (Nearly all of my freshman year of high school. Charming events such as being accused of being suicidal and self-harmful on the basis of being shy (and crying from stress during finals week), being forced to see two psychiatrists who had little to no faith that I could possibly be a happy person, and being threatened with expulsion on the basis that I "didn't seem happy" at my school combined with my loneliness jerked me from a fearful, but generally kind Emotionless Girl to...something else for nearly the entire year. Thankfully, when my much happier sophomore year at my new school began, my life became much better, albeit with a level taken in confidence.
- Brilliant, but Lazy (I have two things open on my laptop right now; this page, and an English paper that's already late. Guess which is (a bit) closer to finished?)
- Buffy Speak
- Corrupt the Cutie (Practically subverted. No matter how much Rule Thirty Four or /b/ images you link me to, I retain innocence like water.)
- Covert Pervert
- Creepy Twins (with Tobi-despite us not being blood relatives.)
- Cuddle Bug
- Daddy's Girl
- Dandere. Totally.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Gamer Chick (Subverted in that I kind of suck at many games, but love trying to play them anyway.)
- Genki Girl (Moderate to low level, but still.)
- Cloudcuckoolander (It needs to be repeated.)
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Most often. Cripes almighty!
"Yeah, everyone has that year where they're convinced by everyone around them that they're royally fucked up,
- Happily Adopted
- Happy Dance (The Happy Dance of Twincest! Er. Don't ask. Let's just say I shouldn't watch Superjail! while drinking large sugary beverages.)
- Hikikomori (During my last couple years of middle school. I Got Better.)
- I Call It Vera (My pink Dell laptop is named Stephanie. My iPod is Magdalene; my last iPod (rest in peace) was named Hayden, but I wasn't too sure on its gender....Yes, I know.)
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness (I may be one of about 3 people at my school who has never been drunk or touched drugs, and anyone who tries to convince me to fails.)
- Informed Loner
- Moe (According to a couple of people.)
- My Name Is Not Durwood (Nearly all adults get my name wrong at least once. I'm not sure why.)
- Nice Hat (Has a few, my favorite being my pinstriped fedora.)
- Nightmare Fetishist
- Oh My Gods!
- Older than They Look (I've been mistaken for 13. At seventeen and a half.)
- Perky Goth
- Pixar (Proud daughter of an employee. Gets to see their movies about 2 weeks in advance, in addition to whatever Disney-related films they show at the headquarters for free. Be very jealous.)
- Proud to Be a Geek
- The Quiet One
- Self-Deprecation (oh, let me count the times...)
- The Snark Knight
- Spelling Nazi
- Spoiled Sweet (To an extent.)
- Strange Girl
- Tsundere (Pretty good Type B example.)
- The Unintelligible (I've got a really quiet voice, apparently.)
- Wham Episode (See Break the Cutie.)
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Will Not Tell a Lie
- Yaoi Fangirl