Podcast: My Brother My Brother And Me
My Brother, My Brother, & Me
, often abbreviated MBMBaMnote
, is a comedy podcast that describes itself as "an advice show for the modren era". The titular brothers (Justin, Griffin, and Travis McElroy) take questions from their listeners and try their best to help them out with their personal problems. As the disclaimer that opens each show notes, this advice often isn't the greatest. Frequently, one of the brothers will say something that'll send the three of them off on a tangent of non-sequiturs. Their listeners will also sometimes submit questions found on Yahoo Answers (a service they are convinced is filled with "the terrible dregs of humanity"), and will mock them while still trying to help them out.
A sampler can be found here
Has nothing to do with My Brother And Me
This podcast contains these tropes:
- Crosses the Line Twice: Just about every episode.
Justin: Hold the phone! Stop the world, I want to get off! Did you just say "pussy farm"?
- Don't Try This at Home
- Poorly Disguised Pilot: The first episode of The Adventure Zone was released as part of MBMBaM.
- Running Gag: "Kiss your dad square on the lips".
- The subject of ghosts watching people having sex seems to come up with unsettling frequency.
- Also, horses. (Usually something terrible happens to the horses.)
Justin: Mr. Ed? More like Mr. Dead. We got 'em. Peace out horses, I hate you. Obama 2012!
- Shout-Out: One of the Yahoo Answers questions submitted asked for help naming a Warrior Cats character.