- Ingram Prisken and his reaction to the god-awful health drink made by Kusuha Mizuha: after drinking it nonchalantly and appearing fine, once Kusuha leaves, Ingram is in complete physical agony. The scene is replayed in Divine Wars where the normally composed Ingram is effectively brought to his knees.
- This game brought along the unlockable unit "Gespenst MK II Type-S" and its signature "Ultimate Gespenst Kick" attack. Players didn't think much of it until Original Generations decides to up the ante by having any of the playable roster piloting it to insert a Hot-Blooded Large Ham scream whenever they use the attack. Hilarity Ensues depending on who's the pilot:
- Kyosuke Nanbu quite possibly blows out a lung for screaming this long and loud (likely a reference to his voice actor breaking a microphone when he did it the first time).
- Ratsel Feinschmecker pulling a Harry Ord out of nowhere; additional funny points as Ratsel uses Ord's Kiai.
- Apparently, Kusuha can out-Kiai Sanger Zonvolt.
- Given the amount of time she's spent next to resident Otaku Ryusei Date, it should come to no surprise Latooni Subbota tries to channel Ryusei's Ascended Fanboyness via Calling Your Attacks. "SUPER ULTRA RYUSEI KIIIICK!!!"
- From the Atlus localization, when Ryusei sees the "Angelg" for the first time:
Ryusei: "And that skirt... Rrrrrooowwwrrr!"Latooni Subbota: "I am also wearing a skirt. Why aren't you 'Rrrrrooowwwrrrr'-ing to me?"
- In Scenario 37, Sanger has just received the "Colossal Blade" for his Ace Custom "Dygenguard" when he and Ratsel are liberating the "Tesla-Leicht Institute". In the Atlus localization of the original game for the Game Boy Advance (Scenario 30), the translators brilliantly use Vigagi to the max with the fourth wall:
Sanger: "This mech will inherit my soul! Behold the power of..."DYGENGUARD, Episode 30Vigagi: "What was that!?...And what does 'Episode 30' mean!?"
- After the "Steel Dragon Battle Group" is introduced to the "Dygenguard", a bunch of them discuss on its naming scheme (from the localization):
Ryusei: "Dygenguard"... Yeah, it's perfect. Super Robots need names like that. Hey, Rai. Don't you think the SRX could..."Raidiese F. Branstein: "... We are not calling it the Dyryusei... No way."Ryusei: "What!? It's a better name than Dyrai or Dyaya!"Aya Kobayashi: "Dyaya... That's good. It sounds like a princess."Mai Kobayashi: "A-Aya?"Aya: "Uh, just kidding. It sounds more like a stomach disorder"Mai: (You were serious about that, weren't you...?)Lune Zoldark: "Hey now! That's more like a Super Robot name."Ryusei: "Right?"Rai: "Give me a break."Ratsel: "Hmm... Then I'll say Aussenseiter's Bufelt Mode should by Dytrombe."Rai: "Please, brother, stop it..."
- Kusuha's health drink strikes again in the Sequel: whereas Arado Balanga downs it entirely and says it's delicious (possibly due to no taste buds because he's a Big Eater), the fact it can render someone like Lamia Loveless unconscious, despite being a Robot Girl, is pretty damn funny (from The Inspectors).
- Kyosuke tends to Ignore the Fanservice with regards to Excellen, but how does she really feel about it when she's in the "Huckebein MK III" with the "Boxer" configuration using the "Geist Knuckle" attack? Well...
- As a Mythology Gag to Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden, certain units who miss dealing an attack on an enemy will perform a unique "miss" animation. Take Mio Sasuga and her Zamzeed for example: if the Gouryundou Masamune attack misses, the katana slips out from the Zamzeed's hands and the giant piece of a mountain held by the sword comically flattens the mecha.
- Fixing Lamia's damaged voice box since Original Generation 2 actually makes her speaking difficulties worse, but instead of broken grammar, it causes her to occasionally speak as if she has multiple-personality disorder, such as a Hot-Blooded Genki Girl:
- When Masaki and his group return to his home in La Gias at the end of Scenario 10 in his route, Yuuki Jagger starts preparing some tea. As usual, he starts chastising Masaki about the "improper way" of drinking tea, going on a Sophisticated as Hell explanation about taste, water temperature and type of tea cup to use, only to be flabbergasted when Tytti casually drops eight cubes of sugars into her cup since she throws common sense out of the window when sweets are involved. Her response? "I thought I was being modest..."
- During the climax fight against Kirkus, if Lune fights him for the first time...
Kirkus: If you keep talking like that, no one will ever marry you, young lady!Lune: Mind your own business!Zash: I would!Kirkus: What!?
- At the start of Scenario 38, Michiru Hanaten tries to play up his Japanese Delinquent status once he joins the Steel Dragon Battle Group. Too bad he faces Sergeant Rock Katina Tarask and the two get into a verbal argument, leading to a literal fistfight. When the team gets deployed, Michiru starts calling Katina anegonote and explicitly indicates Katina beat the crap out of him.
- Jun Kanan states her blatantly obvious Les Yay for Kusuha in Scenario 39:
Kanan: "I want you more and more...You and the Seiryu will become mine."Kusuha: "Huh?!"Brooklyn "Bullet" Luckfield: "Wh-what was that?!"Kanan: "I adore girls like her...Dignified personalities and well-rounded bodies..."Ibis Douglas: "Why are you bringing that up now?!"Kanan: "Oh, sorry, Iím not interested in slender types."Ibis: "Huh? Huh?!"
- As awesome as the events of Scenario 44 are, it's hilarious to realize the slow downfall of the "Gaia Sabers" in this game is the result of Saphine Grace magically doctoring a video of a meeting between Arteil Steinbeck and Teniquette Zezenan and uploading it to the Internet in order to discredit the former.
- In Scenario 46, why did Lune, Presia Zenozakis and Zashford Zan Valfarbia go to the surface instead of staying put in La Gias like they said they were going to do way back in Scenario 17? Apparently, Lune got "bored" and goaded Presia to go with her; as for Zashford, Excellen correctly guesses he still has a crush on her since he met her in La Gias.
- Sanger is unequivocally Banpresto's walking embodiment of badassery, yet it's hard to imagine he's almost physically incapable of drinking alcohol. How exactly weak to it is Sanger? Alcoholic fumes are enough to knock him on his ass! Showcased in Scenario 51 when Irui serves him coffee mixed with a little brandy: one sip knocks him out and sends him to the medical bay.
- By the Second Original Generation, Kusuha's health drink has become a sort of "Rite of Passage" for new members to the Steel Dragon Battle Group. Come Scenario 58, Ventus accidentally tries it from a batch of refreshments, while Ing Egret requests a glass of it from Kusuha (in a previous scenario, someone mentions how the concoction re-energizes a person after drinking it; Ing believes he can use something like that). Turns out Ventus is barely affected by it (the "Melior Esse" aren't made to get sustenance via food and drink like humans) and Ing, like Arado, thinks it's quite tasty; when Kouta Azuma tricks Michiru into a glass, he finds it "bitter", but without passing out like most people who try it. It's stated this version of Kusuha's drink is actually super mild.
- In Scenario 59, Perfectio finally makes its appearance with the Fatum. The Steel Dragon Battle Group exclaim how it looks absolutely hideous; Saphine, however, thinks "it's kind of hot".
- Later, when Perfectio unleashes its power, the Battle Group feels as if their bodies are being literally torn apart. When it hits Saphine, it starts to turn her on.
- When the power of the "Cross Gate" in the hard route split of Scenario 60 becomes too much for Duvan Org to handle for his "Alles Geist", out pops Einst Alfimi, who rejoins the party. As the "AI-1" evolves into its final form and Eldy Mitte threatens to have it absorb the Steel Dragon Battle Group, Alfimi nonchalantly complains:
Alfimi: "I just got out...I donít want to be absorbed again."Axel Almer: "Seriously. Not again, please."
- Various save-quit skits: worth noting is a particular discussion between Irmgard Kazahara and Tasuku Shinguji regarding the roster of allies and enemies alike being filled with lots of beautiful women. However, Irm cites the best example for him has got to be the most elusive one - Umbra.
- Provided it ends as a "Dynamic Kill", the new animation for the "Twin Bird Strike" ends with Arado's "Wild Wurger" running out of power in mid-air; as he starts panicking, an embarassed Seolla Schweizer is forced to save him in the "Wild Falken". The very end of the animation is difficult to see: unless one has sharp eyes, the Falken is carrying the Wurger upside-down by the leg, frozen in the same pose before it ran out of power.
- Every Herald of the Elemental Lords get an animal Familiar. Shu Shirakawa isn't a Herald, but his familiar is "Chika", a canary. Unfortunately for Shu, Chika is a Small, Annoying Creature Deadpan Snarker who so happens to be only entity in his life to annoy the ever-loving crap out of him. Irony abounds when Masou Kishin familiars are an Anthropomorphic Personification and extension of their master's personality: in other words, Shu can't stand himself.
- While rescuing Monica Grania Bilseia, she is in such a delusional state over her love for Shu she wishes she could see him again. Shu has to tell Monica twice he's standing next to her.
- Chika and Elma butting heads with Selena Recital amused at the entire thing throughout Dark Prison.
- Monica and Saphine occasionally compete for Shu's affections in Dark Prison: in Scenario 10, Monica throws the "first punch" by hugging Shu while inside the Granzon's cockpit. Being who he is, Shu barely bats an eye over Monica's exaggerated actions.
- Despite the Amnesiac Dissonance of coming Back from the Dead, Shu slowly starts to recover his memories post-resurrection, one of which is by taking a look at Masaki and the "Cybuster". To say the Foe Yay between the two runs deep is an Understatement.
- Before the game was released, Bandai Namco Entertainment released some quick translations to the trailers. However, the translated dialogue unintentionally renders "Granteed" pilot Touya Shiun saying "Kudakenote , Granteed!!!" into "Die, Granteed!!!" (thankfully fixed to exactly what the notes said when the game was released).
- The Gespenst Kick animation using the new "Gespenst Haken" from Haken Browning: after using the "Grand Plasma Cutter", Aschen Brodel ejects from the mech, strips away the green parts of her body via "Code: DTD" and starts pounding the enemy on foot, ending it with a round from her shotgun-mounted heels. Remember, Aschen's an Android, meaning she's destroying Humongous Mecha at least five times her size.
- Like the Gespenst MK II Type-S, almost anyone on the roster can pilot the Gespenst Haken in The Moon Dwellers. As its designated co-pilot, given her foul mouth, Aschen has plenty to say depending on who's the pilot.
Aschen: "This attack was just strong enough to lift a skirt."
- They might not be in the Endless Frontier, but one of Haken and Aschen's dialogue is a Call-Back to their home dimension:
Lamia: "It's our turn, Aschen-neesama."Aschen: "Watch closely. I'll have you do this later."Lamia: "I respectfully refuse."*Later*Lamia: "That was splendid, neesama."Aschen: "Good. Let's get some training on this when we're back."Latooni: "VORTECH SHOT!"Aschen: "Nice shout!"Latooni: "That was actually pretty tiring."
- With Lamia:
Axel: "Aschen, let's play our trump card."*Later, we get this gem.*Aschen: "The customers, I guess?"
- Axel's is really good considering how rarely he talks and banters with anyone.
- Haken's The Nicknamer habit from Endless Frontier carries over into Original Generation: expect epitaphs of "Gambling Wolf" for Kyosuke, "Mr.Samurai" for Sanger, "Dark Horse" for Ratsel, "High Leg Celeb" for Aqua Centrum" "Mysterious Scientist" for Shu Shirakawa and "Sister 17" for Lamia, for example.
- Then there was the time he nicknamed a baddie "Skull Knight", only to find that really was his name. So he calls him "Bone Fighter" instead.
- Same goes for Aschen, who can't help but snark at everyone, and instead, gives their derisive nicknames: "Gloomy Wolf" for Kyosuke, "Good-for-nothing Fox" for Excellen, "Funny Voice" for Ryoto Hikawa, "Captain Spy" for Viletta Vadim, "Womaniser" for Irm, "Old Man Mustache" for Kai Kitamura, "Ex Seaweed Haired Dumbass" for Axel, "Poison Making Machine" for Kusuha, "Armpit Boy" for Ing, "China Girl" for Rio Mei Long, "Shot Down King" for Arado, "Jiggling Boss" for Seolla, "Over-Accurate Four Eyes" for Latooni, "Eternal Rookie" for Bullet, "I Choose You 'Danse Master'" for Ricarla Borgnine, "High Leg Leader" for Aya, "Streamlined Body" for Ibis, "Miss Ace N°2" for Sleigh Presty, "White Cat Girl" for Mai, "Body Joints Crusher" for Radha Bairaban, "Deaftone Girl" for Leona Garstein, "President Mask" for Gilliam Yeager, "Cheating Kid" for Tasuku Shinguji, "Plain Man" for Russel Bergman, "Sideburns Samurai" for Sanger and "Real Robot Regiment" for Ariel Org.
- When the Steel Dragon Battle Group fight what they think are the "Guests", Excellen Lampshades on how they're getting tired about the fact they show up every time.
- Chika notices Gu-Landon's name is similar to the Granzon. Then she lampshades it everytime the Granzon fights him.
Chika: There's nothing worse than a name like Gu-Landon. It gets so easily confused with Granzon!Chika: It we defeat it, maybe it will turn into Neo Gu-Landon?Shu: Chika, be silent.Chika ( As the Granzon gets hit ): Hey, don't get cocky, Granzon!Shu: You did this mistake on purpose, did you?
- The various character's reaction to Debudedabide's face.
Rai: There's a limit to bad taste.Axel: Don't talk, your face is already joke enough.Sean: This is something a museum would want.
- Kouta tries to make Crystal Dragoon talk about what he plans to do with the Lamalices:
Kouta: After going so far as showing us something like that, you'd better have an answer for that !Crystal Dragoon: As I said, You will know the answer in exchange for your life.
- After conversing with Calvina who was surprisingly calmer, but still having desires to take vengeance, Josh offered her hot chocolate, which she accepts. Discussing with Irm, Josh hoped that it would calm her down. But in the deployment phase, the sight of Jua-Mu on Raftclans caused Calvina to go even angrier than usual.
Irm: So...the hot chocolate didn't work?Josh: I'm sorry.
- Excellent's multiple shout outs to other mecha anime & games
Excellen: ( Using Jet Phantom ) GOD BAND SMASH !! SEIBAI !
- Save Quit Dialogues :
Gilliam: Hmm? I've been called here again.Gilliam: "Please say something"? I'm running out of jokes, but it seems I have no choice! Let's see....Gilliam: Please support "Battle DodgeBall 2" too!Gilliam: For your information, Roar & I will be in the same team as the championship's final last boss.Gilliam: Just so you know, it has nothing to do with the main game.
- Gilliam's self advertisings, again:
Gilliam: Huh...are you still there?Gilliam: You want me to say something? Okay, let's see...Gilliam: Please support "Hero Senki"!Gilliam: ...Wait, am I even supposed to say that?
- This actually harkens back to the first time the Save-Quit dialogue was conceived in Original Generations
Haken: Hey, Gambling Wolf. Let's play card again tonight. What do you say?Kyosuke: Sure.Haken: OK, but I'm going to win today.Kyosuke: That is exactly my line for you.Excellen: Hello? Sorry to interrupt the lovely mood and all, but...what are you even gonna get on, Kyosuke?Aschen: Well...the Captain too got cheated by the Bandana Kid last night and lost a lot of money.Haken: Sigh...Poverty is like my enemy.Kyosuke: I lost my motivation.Aschen: OK, you penniless gamblers! Go to sleep now!
- Haken & Kyosuke's gambling addiction:
Aschen: Hi everyone! Thank you for waiting! The Code DTD Show is starting now!Lamia: Elder Sis Aschen! What are you doing?Aschen: Hey...my little sis. It's at times like this that you need to give some good service. Otherwise, your spotlight will be will be replaced by others.Lamia: But...Aschen: Whatever your excuses are, I don't care. Anyway, start by removing your clothes! Next release the steam!Lamia: No, if I act like this too, my character will overlap yours and...Haken: That's fine, Sister 17. This happens all the time in the Endless Frontier.
- Aschen's DTD Show.
- In the final episode of Divine Wars, Excellen dresses up in an appealing Playboy Bunny suit, until Lefina Enfield goes on stage in a similar outfit. The reactions from the Steel Dragon Battle Group range from elatedness (Irm), Jaw Drops, wide-eyed astonishment (Katina, Ryoto, Rio; Hilarity Ensues when the latter earlier calls out Ryoto upon seeing Excellen), Luminescent Blush (Kusuha), Spit Take (Tetsuya Onodera), loss of composure (Daitetsu Minase), Sweat Drop (Kyosuke) and Nosebleed (Bullet).
- The Inspectors justify why pilots must scream the Ulimate Gespest Kick in the Gespesnt MK II Type-S: a "Shout Now!" notification on the heads-up display inside cockpit tells them to do it. Additionally, the song that plays during the scene is called "Are You Kidding?". Sound familiar? It's a "Samba" version of Kyosuke's Leitmotif...no,really.
- When Vigagi invades the Tesla-Leicht Institute in Episode 9 of The Inspectors, Ratsel pulls off his Big Damn Heroes moment. Once again, Vigagi provides another blink-and-miss-it fourth wall moment:
Vigagi: "That ability...It can't be..."Ratsel: "GuarBein MK III Trombe".
- While Episode 15 of The Inspectors was lauded for being quite accurate to its source material from Original Generation 2, it didn't skimp out on extra comedy:
Sanger: "Inherit my soul, Dygenguard... No!"(Cue title card, complete with flaming fonts) Bushin Soukounote , DYGENGUARD, Episode 15Vigagi: "'War God's Armament'!? And what does 'Episode 15' mean!?"
- While confronting the heads of the Tesla-Leicht Institute about a list of their projects in Episode 15, he's presented with towers of documents, ledgers and notebooks. Vigagi is incensed a facility as advanced and big as Tesla-Leicht stores everything on paper.
- Thanks to the Atlus localization, fan subbers deliberately reused Vigagi's Breaking the Fourth Wall moment when the Dygenguard retrieves its Colossal Blade:
- The "Royal Heart Breaker" Combination Attack in action, except its pilots aren't Latooni and Shine Hausen, but Sanger and Ratsel! Taken Up to Eleven when a fan decided to make one with Folka Albark and Fernando Albark, Domon Kasshu and Master Asia, Ryouma Nagare and Hayato Jin, Simon and Kamina, and Touga Tenkuuji and Eiji Shigure.
- Tetsu Inada showing up at a Super Robot Wars event dressed as Ratsel while "Trombe!" can be heard overriding the background music.