- Episode 4: Luna's... talk... with Usagi:
Luna: [Extends claws] Now then. Let us get some things perfectly clear about our relationship.
Luna: I AM YOUR CAT. I FUCKIN' OWN YOU.
Luna: When I say your job is to fight demons, I expect you to hop to it! And if you don't, it's the CLAW for you!
Luna: IS. THAT. UNDERSTOOD?
Usagi: Eep! YES, MISTRESS!
Luna: [purrs] Good. Now let's go save your teacher from herself.
- Episode 5:
Beryl: Jadeite, new plan?
- Episode 6: This. Just... this:
- Episode 7:
Shingo: I remember I kicked open the door once because I thought they were killing the cat.
Usagi: [laughing] I was so angry that time.
Anonymous cat, face blurred out: The singing was bad enough, but it was the choreography that killed them.
- Also Episode 7 (at Naru's house): "A bizarre scene ensues in which Naru secretly invites Umino over to her place and convinces him to dress in drag and play Usagi's part in the act, by implying that this will improve his romantic chances because Usagi is into this sort of thing. I really can't make this any stranger than it already is."
Naru (blushes): Er… Umino, you don't have to do that off stage.
- Know what? Just Episode 7.
- Episode 8: Umino's materialization.
- Ami's reaction to pre-reveal cram school youma.
- Usagi: "…This is my life. My cat knows more than I do about everything."
- Episode 9:
Mom: …so then I went shopping with Naru and Umino's mothers—
Usagi: Umino has parents?
Mom: I'm as surprised as you are, dear.
- Episode 10: Breaking the Fourth Wall
Shadowjack: Hey, Rei, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Rei: No. ¿Have you?
- Followed by the next two segments, one of which contains an instance of actual dialogue.
- Actually, most of the episode.
- Episode 11: Everything after "A New Dream."
- A NEW DREAM: A pleasant field and forest.
Luna: Be careful, guys! It's another illusion!
Rei: Don't worry, we're alert this time.
Usagi: Yeah, we're not going to fall for any stupid tricks!
[Enter Tuxedo Mask.]
Usagi: See? Obvious trap.
[—riding a horse.]
Rei: …but it might not be.
[—riding a unicorn.]
[Usagi and Rei run off to play with Tuxedo Mask for ever and ever.]
- Episode 12: "You are such a hypocrite."
USAGI BREAKS THE SOUND BARRIER getting to the mall.
[…and loses the raffle. Repeatedly.]
Rei [just happens by, and listens to Usagi's explanation.] ¡Ha! ¿You really want this silly prize? I, of course, haven't any such interest in such childish things.
Rei [pushes her way up to the raffle machine.]
Rei: ¡HEAR ME O SPIRITS!
Rei: :D :D :D
Usagi: You are such a hypocrite.
- Episode 13:
Ami: I'm sorry, Mars, but I do not want to be covered in flaming jet fuel before I'm eighteen. There's a blast radius on those things, you know.
- First Recap: (regarding Rei) "Finally, I have been portraying her as Latina for absolutely no good reason at ALL."
- Episode 14:
The fucking scariest bit of animation in the series to date. All seems to turn blood red, light and shadow twist inward upon each other. Rui screams in pain, her face a contorted mask of pain, her eyes roll up, and she collapses in a twitching heap. The dark energy swirling from her racket begins to coalesce, and then, terrifyingly, assumes the suggestion of a human form… and then abruptly is one.
- Episode 15: Small running gag with poor Luna being in Usagi's arms during her small fit:
Luna: [is still in Usagi's hands. Flail flail waaaaa-hey.]
And still later...
Luna: [is still in Usagi's hands. Flail flail waaaaa-hey I feel sick]
- The entire scene in its gloriousness:
[Usagi is playing Captain Commando and getting schooled, Ami is backseat driving…]
Ami: Want to play Street Fighter II for a bit?
Usagi: I swear this will be the last quarter I drop on this machine.
[…and Rei is grilling Motoki about Mamoru.]
Motoki: …and he lives by himself in a fancy loft apartment because he's the only son of a rich family. Can I get up now?
Rei [stands on a chair.] By Crom, I vow that I, Rei, WILL take this– ¿what's his name?
Motoki: Mamoru Chiba.
Rei: ¡–Mamoru Chiba on a date! And oh such a date it will be. A date to grind all other dates into the dust. Why, I myself marvel at the sheer perfectitude of th–
Rei [discovers that the chair had a loose leg.]
Ami: What was that crash?
Usagi: Me dying. Okay, last one, I swear.
Rei: ¡My spine!
- Ami: My friend Mister Gardener told me never to come to the park again or the squirrels would get me – no, seriously! – because 'humans are not worthy of the boons that nature provides.' I'm a little… disturbed.
A few moments later...
Corporate Flack: And see if you can do something about those carnivorous butterflies. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to throw this cigarette butt on the grass.
[Squirrels kill the Corporate Flack.]
[Cue shocked Ami and Luna]
- The result of Rei entering the fray.
<REI : TECH > FIRE1 : ALL FRIENDS>>
<< Petasos Rope is destroyed! Ami is freed! >>
<< Ami is immune to fire. >>
<< Hand Flower is destroyed! Usagi is freed!>>
<< Usagi is now on fire. >>
- Episode 16: the scene at the temple
- Ami and Luna arrives at the temple only to see Grandpa chasing Rei ('Grandpa displays a remarkable aptitude for catching teenage girls'); upon catching her, he retrieved the rental wedding kimono Rei had tried to 'borrow' and this scene ensures:
Grandpa: You're not entering that shameless contest at the competition's secular wedding chapel, are you?
Rei: …No, no, of course not.
Grandpa: You're not eloping?! With this girl?!
Rei: ¿What? No. Hell, no.
Grandpa: Well, good. [changes gears.] Then she might be available…? [winks]
Rei [smites Grandpa.]
- Episode 17: "What was Alexander Graham Bell thinking?"
- To elaborate in this scene, Usagi and Luna just had a discussion about the best use of the cell phone.
Usagi: …For which the best possible use is to gossip with Ami!
Luna: Stop wasting our precious Lunar bandwidth!
Usagi: [dials] Hey, Ami, watcha doin'?
Ami: [picks up] Studying.
Usagi: [hangs up]
Luna: Now call up Rei. I want to hear her heckle you.
Usagi: What was Alexander Graham Bell thinking?
- Usagi: Wait, where was I hiding the brooch in this swimsuit?
- "I turned left!"
- Episode 19: Naru's got it really hard for Nephrite.
- Which, of course, baffles Nephrite.
LATE, LATE THAT NIGHT: The Shinjuku stores are starting to close.
But one store suddenly opens.
Naru [walks in.] Hello?
Tuxedo Nephrite [dramatically.] HELLO!
Naru [jumps for glee.] ZOMG it is you it is you! Masato Sanjoin is Tuxedo Mask!
Nephrite: How'd you know it was me?
Naru: …Your voice? Your stance? Your beautiful flowing red hair? The fact that the mask doesn't really hide your lovely face all that much?
Nephrite: Obviously you're Sailor Moon in disguise! No one else could be so perceptive!
[casts spell.] REVEAL YOURSELF, SAILOR MOON!
Naru: …Do you… want me to be Sailor Moon for you?
- Episode 20: The entire episode is one giant Scooby-Doo reference, complete with a "Treehouse of Horror" thrown in the end.
- Ami, Rei, and Luna gangs up on Usagi.
Rei [throws the ball at Usagi]
Usagi [falls down.] OW!
Ami [throws the ball at Usagi]
Usagi [falls down.] OW!
Luna [throws the ball at Usagi.]
Usagi [falls down.] OW!
Usagi: When did it become Pummel Usagi Week?
- Ami: It's pronounced 'Shining', dear. You know, you remind me of how I was not so long ago, because you're all sad and by yourself. The best thing to do… well, okay, a good thing to do would be to become friends with Usagi. She'll cheer you right up! Or drive you slowly mad. But it's a fun ride, either way.
- Episode 21:
- AC Kazuko: …If you're practicing the facial expressions for the villain, you've got it down pat.
- Soon after Hiromi announces that Sailor V will die in the last scene of the anime:
AC Hiromi: "Dude… it's just a stupid anime. So what?"
Rei: "I SENSE EVIL."
Luna: "Are you sure it's not fan-rage?"
- Nephrite: "Most powerful monsters" my perfectly-shaped ass.
- The two youmas sprouting off the Team Rocket motto.
- Episode 22: "You have been waiting, dying for the justification to say those words, haven't you?"
- The above scene in question:
Usagi: Hey, Luna, I've got a cunning plan.
Luna: Those words have come to fill me with dread.
[disguise pen] MAKE ME A PRETTY PRINCESS!
TADA! Usagi is now in a flouncy pink gown with roses and gloves and even a parasol.
Luna: You have been waiting, dying for the justification to say those words, haven't you?
Princess Usagi: Yup! /flounce flounce flutter
- Also: "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww…"
Well, that didn't go according to plan. Come back to life, my other self!
Wait, 'other self'? So, like, he was actually inside Naru while he was controlling her? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww…
- At the begining of the recap Shadowjack bets one quatloo that Umino will be Usagi's first kiss. Towards the end Tuxedo Mask kisses Usagi
• And costs Shadowjack 1 quatloo.
For which I shall now exact petty, petty revenge:
CUT TO: A mist shrouded castle.
Mysterious Figure: "Sorry, Mamoru, but the Princess is in another castle!"
Tuxedo Mask /Italian. "At'sa no good!"
- Episode 23: Regarding the MacGuffin
Shadowjack as Narrator:
I suppose this defenestrates the "Naru's Mom is actually Queen Beryl" theory, since why would Queen Beryl send people looking for something she already knew she had?
Shadowjack as Narrator:
Unless she was just being a dick.
Shadowjack as Narrator: Which is a strong possibility.
- Second Recap: The The Order of the Stick Shout-Out.
- "I'm sorry, this has never happened to me before..." "You don't say!"
- Battle School.
- "HEAR ME, O STARS!"
- Episode 25: Starts with:
Usagi /trips over a Yakuza.
- Episode 26: "O Lord, thou art fucking cruel."
- Episode 27:
Usagi and Ryo look across the way, and watch Ami playing four-square with Makoto and a couple of other girls. Good for Ami.
Ryo: Well… it's not a crush crush, I mean… she's so much smarter… she'd never… and… well… I also happen to know that romantic relationships face an uphill road on this show.
Usagi: [hearty slap on back] Nonsense! Why, I know just what you need…
Janitor: [accidentally empties a bucket of water onto Usagi.]
- Rei: [to Makoto] ¿Can you pick up radio with that antenna?
- Episode 28: Fate is a bitch.
- Mamoru is reasonably certain he's "him." Usagi is absolutely positive she's not "her."
- Usagi: Now that we're all done imagining each other naked…
- The Mysterious Voice In The Bushes.
- Zoisite has pronunciation issues.
Yumemi Yumeno: "Whoa. Two beautiful men in my house in one day."
Zoisite: "And now, Yumeme Yumimi–"
Zoisite: "Yumemi Yumimini–"
Zoisite: "Yuyumemiyu mi– yu– nonome– "
Zoisite: "Vena! I call you forth!"
- A quick comparison of the Sailors' powers and their opinions on them:
Usagi: "What did I miss?"
Rei: "I was doing some pretty wicked Dragon Slave action earlier."
Rei: "Yeah. Out of mana now, though."
< MAKOTO : TECH > THUNDERGA : VENA >
Rei: "She's been doing that, too, all over. Pretty good."
Usagi: "Where's Ami?"
Usagi: "Oh, right."
- Episode 29: The er... dramatization... of the apartment cleaning scene.
Makoto: Good GOD is it a mess in here. I've got my work cut out for me. Can't cook in a messy apartment!
Motoki: Really, you don't have to–
JUPITER POWER MAKE-UP!
< MAKOTO : TECH > THUNDER 1 : APARTMENT MESS >
<< Apartment Mess is slain! >>
- Followed by an uprooted tree.
Makoto: [exercises enormous restraint and only punches the tree beside Usagi, instead of Usagi.]
Luna: [looks at the uprooted tree and howls.]
Makoto: Sorry! [picks up the tree and replants it.]
- Shadowjack as Narrator: Incidentally, what does it say when one of the more stable relationships in the show seems to be two of the villains? But of course, you say, that's because most of the cast are teenagers! Good point. Never mind.
- Usagi lets Makoto go.
Usagi: Yes I do! Ah, Motoki…
Usagi: [is swept up in a glorious sensurround daydream of Motoki proposing to Usagi.]
Usagi: [holds her crush close.]
Usagi: [closes her eyes.]
Usagi: [moves in for the kiss. Closer. Closer.]
Makoto: You're just vividly fantasizing about Motoki, right?
Usagi: Motoki who? Oh! Sorry. [lets Makoto go.]
- Episode 30: Yuichiro meets Rei and her Grandpa.
Stoner: [waking up] Duuuuuuuude, what's with all the noise, man?
Stoner: [sees Rei and is instantly smitten.]
Stoner: ZOMG REI!
Rei: [smack!] ¡Wrong show!
Stoner: [bows to Gramps.] I am Yuichiro Kumada! Please make me your apprentice so I can bone your shrine maiden!
Gramps: A man after my own heart! I accept.
- Usagi: Uh, guys? Are you sure that leaving me unsupervised is a good idea? (Followed by Usagi giggling evilly.)
- Usagi breaks script.
Usagi: [is spying on Rei and Yuichiro] Okay, how can I break this up?
Luna: You're not going to play Cupid? The script says that you try to get them together–
Usagi: [brandishes the Disguise Pen.]
Luna: In the immortal words of the inimitable Will Smith: AW HELL NO!
Usagi: Great Justice can suck it! MAKE ME A FORTUNE-TELLER OF LOVE!
Stoner is training! Swinging on ropes like Tarzan!
Stoner: Yui, Yui, Yuichiro Kumada, strong as I can be! Yui, Yui, Yuichiro Kumada–
Phobos and Deimos: Watch out for that tree!
Stoner: [undaunted.] Yoiks! And awaaaaayyyy…
- < REI : SUMMON > SUSANO : JIJII >
Rei: [running.] ¡If only there was some way that we could immobilize him!
Usagi: [running.] If only!
Luna: [running.] Damn it, Rei, it's your own frikkin' shrine!
Rei: [running.] Oh, yeah.
< REI : SUMMON > SUSANO : JIJII >
- The first write-up for episode 31.
- Also, the second (actual) write-up. All of it. Highlights:
Luna: [running.] "Oh no, it's the Time. No doubt about it! It's a red full moon!"
Luna: [pauses to look at camera].
And if any of you caught that obscure reference, I know what you like to read. And aren't you ashamed?
The other cats retreat. All but one.
Luna: Why the hell are you chewing on my tail?
Riff-Raff: Let's get started!
MEANWHILE, BACK IN LENG:
Zoisite: [is watching.] Okay, a little girl. This should go smoothly; I foresee no difficulties.
Zoisite: What am I saying? [puts on body armor.]
- Narrative: A PARK AND A POND: Let us marvel at the sight of Ami dressed in coordinated colors.
- The way Shadowjack describes the manhole scene.
Rhett Butler reveals that he is, in fact, a big, fact, green, ugly, sluggard sumotori cat, and with superior moves, performs a daring last minute SAVE! upon Luna.
- To anyone who's actually watched the series, the conspicuous absence of a certain event in an alley. Especially since Shadowjack ships Ami/Makoto.
- ALL HAIL ZOISITE, QUEEN OF THE RATS!!!
The rats surround the two cats, then coalesce into a terrifying, vaguely humanoid form. Then Zoisite's face pokes out.
Luna: AAAGH! They're taunting us with his decapitated head!
Zoisite: Better than that! I am now the Queen of the Rats!
< REI : TECH > DRAGONSLAVE : RATICITE>
<< Rats are slain! >>
Zoisite: Uneasy rests the crown.
- Episode 32: Usagi displays political savvy. Followed by a Girl Genius Shout-Out.
Naru: Someone is following us.
Usagi: Oh, that's just the Tokyo Radio Tower. I made the mistake of feeding it once, and now it comes sniffing for treats every time it sees me.
Zoisite: [looking in mirror.] Do you think I'd look good with glasses?
Kunzite: [looks up from the newspaper.] Why, do you think you need them?
Zoisite: …I might.
Suddenly! A +3 blessed throwing rose interrupts the conversation. A letter is wrapped around it.
Umino: [reads the letter.] "…It's a Cease-and-Desist Order. It says if I keep using the 'Tuxedo Umino Mask' persona and claiming Tuxedo Mask's actions as my own, I will be knowingly infringing upon Tuxedo Mask's trademark and therefore subject to legal sanction. …Well, so much for that." [throws away the hat and cloak.]
- Episode 33: Beryl has complaints about "Tuxedo Mask" as a moniker.
Queen Beryl: Tuxedo Who?
Zoisite: A code name assigned from traffic analysis of–
Queen Beryl: That's not a name, that's just a description of what he's wearing.
Zoisite: Indeed, Your Majesty. Now, his past behavior suggests that we can reliably draw him out of hiding and–
Queen Beryl: By that logic, you're Uniform Ponytail and I'm Slinky Dress Crown.
Luna: [suddenly.] Hey, Usagi, what do you think of all this?
Usagi: Whoever [the fake Sailor Moon] is, she owes me licensing fees!
Usagi: I am sick to death of this light bondage theme, and it's just as bad to see you guys doing it to someone who looks like me! For goodness sake, talk about voyeurism by proxy. You have terrible taste, sir, and you should be ashamed! I AM SAILOR MOON!
Ami: Likewise, except for the voyeurism complaint! Sailor Mercury!
Likewise, Sail— ¿What
Makoto: And I'm Sailor Jupiter!
[says nothing, and keeps smiling.]
Usagi: (sotto voce) Does she speak?
Ami: (sotto voce) Maybe she's mute.
Rei: (sotto voce) Maybe she's dumb.
(sotto voce) Maybe she doesn't speak Japanese? I'm trying to be charitable, here.
Venus: [keeps smiling. It's getting kind of scary now.]
- Episode 34: Rei's impression of Sailor Venus.
Rei: ¿Did [Venus] seem a bit… spacey, to any of you?
Usagi: SHE WAS SO COOL. I need to get her autograph.
Rei: ¡Caramba, there's two of them!
- Minako introduces herself.
Venus/Minako: Oh, gosh, did I forget to introduce myself last night? I'm Minako Aino, but my friends call me Sailor Venus.
Minako/Venus: …Strike that. Reverse it. Carry on.
- Episode 35: Shadowjack's description of the glimpse of Silver Millennium.
CUE FLASHBACK of a time of sunlight and rose petals. Ah, late-1980s anime fantasy, when women were real women, and men wore MASSIVE ECCENTRIC PAULDRONS and capes. And Princess Serenity did bestowwe upon Sir Endymion her knyght the starre-shaped locket which sang. And upon that night when the castle was besieged and in flames did he draw blade and fly to battyle, and she did weep to know she would never in this life see him agayne.
- Usagi is starting to accept her identity as the Moon Princess.
Usagi: Then I have a request for impossibility number one: figuring out how to rescue—from another dimension—the princess! That is to say, prince!
Matoko: Before breakfast?
Usagi: Let's not talk crazy talk, here. As my first royal act, I declare you First Minister of Pancakes.
- Third recap: Usagi's responsibility rant.
- Episode 36: Tripping, spectacularly.
Luna: Ami, remember how often she used to trip over her own feet?
Artemis: Did she now?
- SEVERAL MINUTES OF CARNAGE ENSUE.
Usagi discovers that practically everything in here has been or can be weaponized. The demon burns stuff with the hair-dryer, Usagi throws exploding face powder, the demon cuts up the room with the scissor cannon, Usagi counters with nerve gas shampoo…
It's a good thing everyone else is slumped unconscious on the floor, safely out of the way.
- Mamoru tries to catch Usagi. The demon (BHDD is short for Bad Hair Day Demon) isn't helping.
Oh, cripes! [flees.]
LONG SHOT OF THE CITY AT NIGHT:
Progressing across the city in a meandering line: Explosions, secondary explosions, screams, power poles knocked over, car alarms…
Usagi: [running.] I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!
Mamoru: [chasing.] I thought trying a dozen demons at once would hurry things, but I guess not.
BHDD: [chasing.] Chainsaw!
- Episode 37: Kunzite's got some strong weed.
- Mamoru saves Usagi… sort of.
< REI : TECH > FIRE 2 : CLAMSHELL >
<< Clamshell Merlady casts Wax Off! Fire 2 nullified! >>
< MINAKO : TECH > CREST BEAM : CLAMSHELL >
<< Clamshell Merlady casts Wax Off! Crest Beam nullified! >>
I get the feeling mine won't work either. Figures I'd pick the wrong three for the party. See you on the other side of the save point, guys.
SUDDENLY! Enter Tuxedo Mask, dramatically, armed with +3 unholy throwing roses.
Usagi: Yes! Hey, did you switch sides again?
- Episode 38: The introduction.
Usagi: A girl's not supposed to let her hips get cold, you know!
- Mamoru wasn't impressed with Kunzite's plan.
Kunzite: They are a girly bunch. They are certain to come to this event. And then—WHAM!
Mamoru: That's your plan? 'They are girly—WHAM!' That's your plan?
Kunzite: [dramatic cloak maneuver.] What?
- Narrative: AMI CAN SKI WHILE READING.
Ami: Mistress of Waters, remember, and what is snow but powdered water? Besides, I've read this book before.
- Usagi: …It's not a good reason, but it's a reason.
Usagi: Oh. My. God. Emi Kawabata is here. Diann Roffe. Petra Kronberger! I am so fucking out of my depth. Why am I here?
Rei: [stretching exercises in tight ski pants.]
Usagi: …It's not a good reason, but it's a reason.
Rei: Oh, you know, the usual happened. Usagi messed up stuff, I got us out of it.
Usagi: No, no, no! There was frank talk, and heartwarming moments, and we reaffirmed our friendship with each other, remember?
Rei: ¡I scrunch you up and toss you away! ¡Like tissue!
- Episode 39: Ami makes a list.
Ami: No, he can't. You said he looked just like Crane Game Joe, and Sergei Grinkov looks nothing like Crane Game Joe.
Makoto: But the way he wears his hair! It's just the same!
Ami: [takes notes.] Okay, looks like Crane Game Joe, sounds like Motoki the Video Arcade Operator, hair like Sergei Grinkov…
Usagi: [steps out onto the ice…]
- Shadowjack's descriptions are made of win:
HE! Looks like an evil vampire!
SHE! Looks like an evil robot!
TOGETHER: They skate!
- Episode 40: "USAAAAAGIIIIIIIII!" (Luna figures out Usagi has ditched her.)
- "A LITTLE RED HONDA:" The whole section.
- Usagi knows her horror-movie cliches.
Usagi: Here, monster! Good monster!
Usagi: Look, I've got some nice campers for you to eat! See, I think they're having unprotected teen sex. Oh, no! One of them's doing drugs, too!
Rei: Sorry, bello, but phantoms fall in my domain.
< REI : TECH > EXORCISM : LAMIA >
<< Lamia is stunned and confused! >>
< REI : TECH > DRAGONSLAVE : LAMIA >
<< Lamia is stunned, confused, and on fire! >>
<< The forest is on fire, too! >>
Usagi: Sigh. Rei.
- Episode 41: Ami narrates her life to herself, Black Lagoon style.
- Minako has some… ideas on what "playing" is.
Usagi: The ending of this manga is so sad—
Rei: ¡You're reading my comics again without permission! ¡You'll make them dirty with your tears! [tackles Usagi.]
Wrestling ensues. Rei fights dirty.
Luna: They say the children are our future.
Minako: Do you think they'd let me play, too, if I asked nicely?
Rei: ¡Now you're bleeding on them!
Artemis: They're not playing.
- Ami sucks at insults. Extra-funny because it was present in the original.
Ami: You— Guh— Son-of— Rrngh— GAH! TAKE A COLD SHOWER!
- Episode 42: Usagi really needs to learn to take smaller bites.
Usagi: [talking with mouth full.] Well I can't sleep if you're talking to me.
Artemis: [jumps through the window in a blind panic, knocking Usagi over.]
Usagi: [chokes to death and dies.]
Artemis: [ignores her.]
- Queen Beryl had different expectations than Kunzite...
Kunzite: I've found somebody who knows Sailor V's true identity! A woman in one of their planetary police forces—
Queen Beryl: Interpol! Chun-li! You've suborned Chun-Li! Awesome!
Kunzite: Er… no?
Queen Beryl: Oh.
- Episode 43: Rei accidentally hits the entire team with her spell.
Rei: ¡In the name of Mars, I will chastise you!
< REI : TECH > HOTFOOT : ALL >
Rei: ¿'All'? Oops.
Everyone else is dancing on flames and shouting in pain and surprise.
Rei: Sorry, my finger slipped…
- The joke that Queen Beryl is Naru's mother continues.
Narrative: OSAKA JEWELRY: Burglar alarm!
Naru and Naru's Mom burst in, armed! "Stop, thief!"
Burglar is Bandana!
Bandana: [uses ninja stars to pin the two women to the wall.]
Naru's Mom: [apparently faints.]
Naru: Mom, is this another test?
- Continuing the above joke…
Usagi: Sorry about that. I completely forgot your mom was also nailed to the wall. I was so flustered…
Naru: No, it's fine. Staying up there all night serves her right, anyway. She wanted me to take on that ninja by myself, as some sort of training to carry on the family honor or something.
Usagi: You don't have an appointment! You'll have to wait until I finish my interview.
Kunzite: There's not going to be any— You know what? Go ahead.
Usagi: [turns to Bandana.] Okay, shoot.
Usagi: [turns to Kunzite.] I'm all yours!
- Fourth recap: photo album.
- Episode 45: Usagi tries to spend a final moment with her family...
Narrative: USAGI'S LAST MEAL
: My God! Usagi makes a bigger kitchen mess than my brother.
Mom: Did you have to use every utensil in the kitchen?
Shingo: Is this curry rice? It doesn't look like curry rice.
Dad: Now, now, Usagi is trying to learn how, and I'm sure it'll be perfectly… edible.
Of course it will! Everyone, dig in!
Usagi: [nom nom]
Shingo: She's weeping.
Dad: Because it tastes so good?
Shingo: [Nelson HAW HAW]
Mom: I'll order pizza.
Dad: I'll get the mop.
Artemis: You are not bringing that.
Ami: Come on!
Artemis: It is not lady-like.
Ami: Colt made pistols for ladies! That's why it's called an 'equalizer.'
- Episode 46: Usagi finally meets Queen Beryl.
Narrative:USAGI IS TELEPORTED INSIDE!
…and falls plop on her ass!
Queen Beryl: Welcome, Princess! You have done well to come this far.
Usagi: [stands up, rubs behind.] And thank you for the swift if undignified transportation.
- Rei's Gramps is at it again.
Gramps: Why hello there young ladies! Playing hookie today?
Rei: ¡PAPI! [broom action.] ¡Back to work! Sorry, girls. ¡Back! ¡Back, I say!
- The money Artemis has saved over Sailor V merchandise is mostly gone… but not all.
Luna: Good. …Say, Artemis. This time loop reset forwards and backwards, right? So in this timeline, you never started Project V?
Artemis: It seems so, since Minako is here, rather than in Europe, or over in— Oh, dear. All that effort evaporated; inventing the games, merchandising them, getting them in the stores by Christmas…
Luna: So you never spent the seed money then?
Artemis: Yes, I suppose the Swiss account is still there. I say, where are you going?
Luna: I'm gonna go place me some hot stock picks and place a few clever bets, and make me a fat little nest egg.
Artemis: I— Here now! Luna! That money's only supposed to be for Great Justice!
Luna: Sorry, I can't hear you! I've been taking lessons from the master!
Artemis: Luna! Come back here this instant!
Luna: [uses the Disguise Pen] 'Make me into a cute houseowner!' No alleys for this little black cat!
- Illustrated epilogue: "Why do I have this sudden feeling of dread?
- "Pet, I'm trying to work, and if you try to tell me again your theory that I was kidnapped by aliens, there will be consequences."
- Return of Plumber!Mamoru.
- Shadowjack: Yeah, I see you ignoring me, there. CATS!