YMMV: Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon
- Better Than Canon: Does a great job of capturing what made the show great in the first place, while also making everything hilarious, lampshading (or even justifying) the less sensible parts, and occasionally managing to be deeper and more heartfelt.
- The only exception so far, at least according to Shadowjack himselfnote , is how episode 110 doesn't have quite the same impact with Meta!Usagi's current personality. Still, that's one instance out of 112 episodes and counting.
- Growing the Beard: Episodes 7 through 13 can be considered this, as this is when the scripts got a little longer with more original content and humor, the alternate characterization kicked in and illustrations and screen caps began to show up.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Just after the Doom Tree arc, this comment was made.
Cruton: You had way too much fun with this story arc. I'm sorry, but for your own good, the next 13 episodes will have to be retroactively about Mr. Tsukino doing his taxes.Shadowjack: You'd better watch out, I might take you up on that.
- Inferred Holocaust: After seeing the image used for Pluto.
Ami: "…Pluto isn't a gas giant with multiple moons."Mamoru: "It isn't now."Everybody: /gets very quiet.
- Memetic Badass/Memetic Sex Goddess: Ami. "Ami is love" was already a thread tag, but the battle-loving persona she gained only added to her rep.
- Nightmare Fuel: Episode 83. All the scenes with Prince Dimande were made much scarier, but this is the real Wham Line:
Usagi: "I think it's unnatural and wrong!"Prince Dimande /heh heh heh. "So do I…"Usagi /is forced to realize that she is helpless and alone with a psychopath, and starts to cry. "No… please, no…"
- The art for the recap has her chained to a bed with Dimande on top of her.
- One of the recaps for R portrays Esmeraude's insanity in a genuinely disturbing (if darkly comical) light involving a deranged letter to Dimande born of sleep-deprived paranoia, blacking out, and realizing the next morning that she 1. apparently broke into his bathroom to get it to him and 2. strangled the agent she'd meant to deliver it before deciding that she knew too much to be left alive.
- His depiction of Mimette in the recap comics is even creepier than the original, especially with those big, empty eyes. Oh, and she's depicted covered in blood.
- Manga!Sailor Venus's introduction. Bring your daughter to the slaughter indeed...
- Manga!Venus in general is fraking terrifying. One even manages to feel sorry for Manga!Beryl of all people when Venus kills her.
- One True Threesome: Usagi/Rei/Mamoru.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Quite a few followers in the threads end up coming around to characters they previous thought annoying, both from how Shadowjack handles them and seeing them again after so long with a fresh set of eyes.