This webcomic provides examples of:
- Accidental Aiming Skills: at this page.
- Art Evolution: Taking a look from page 1 to the latest page shows an amazing amount of change throughout the strip.
- Call Back: Many strips are different pastiches of the original strip. Latest here.
- Cut-and-Paste Comic: Not very blatant, but fairly often a pose will be recycled between panels, though usually with the expression changed.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Death was one of Ship's teachers, back in the day; and an excellent teacher he was, as evidenced by Ship's incredible capacity to induce drowsiness. In one brief flashback, Ship, having fallen on hard times, runs into his old teacher while on a coffee run. Death pokes fun at the sheep who majored in sleep for taking a job that has him keeping people awake.
- Disappeared Dad: Marty, Katie's father, is known to have passed away before the beginning of the strip.
- Flash Back: The "Back in Time" sequences featuring Katie's mother, Laurie, when she was a child and Ship was her imaginary friend.
- Mistaken for Gay: Played with, in one story Katie gets upset and locks herself in her closet. Ship tells Laurie that she won't come out of the closet. He then has to explain the situation a little more for her.
- That Cloud Looks Like
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Marty's letters to Laurie.
- Tsundere: Laurie as a kid.
- Will They or Won't They?: Subverted, mostly, because although that vibe is there, we already know Marty's significance to Laurie.
Now go to bed!