A series of black-and-white graphic novels based on the cartoon Adventure Time
, written by Danielle Corsetto
. Volume 1 was released on June 11, 2013, and Volume 2 on December 10, 2013, with Volume 3 to be released in March 2014. The volumes are as follows:
- Volume 1: Playing With Fire: Finn and Jake take Flame Princess to the Carnival Kingdom, where a fortune-telling Dragon kidnaps Finn and steals his body and soul (Literally), and must traverse a puzzle filled dungeon to get him back. The volume also contains a short, silent story featuring BMO playing around with Finn and Jake's weapons.
- Volume 2: Pixel Princesses
The graphic novels have the following tropes.
open/close all folders
Vol 1: Playing With Fire
- A Day in the Limelight: For Flame Princess
- Berserk Button: Bringing up her childhood or calling her "sweetheart" are ones for Flame Princess
- Big Damn Kiss: Flame Princess and Finn's soul
- Call Back:
- Flame Princess mentions her and Finn's dungeon adventure from "Vault of Bones"
- Choose Goose shows up in the dungeon as part of one of the puzzles.
- Flame King tries once again to convince his daughter to turn his daughter back to evil.
- Cutting the Knot: Deconstructed. Flame Princess does this after getting fed up with the first Puzzle in the Dragon's Puzzle Dungeon and proceeds to blast her way thorugh the dungeon until she ends up in a chamber with a water fall. Jake then procedes to point out that just simply blasting your way out of a puzzle only creates a series of endless puzzle rooms till you take the time to solve them.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Flame Princess responds to the man at the Swords and Surf game calling her sweetheart by trying to set him on fire.
- Evil Feels Good: Flame King believes this
- Good Feels Good: Helping Finn return all the people the Dragon kidnapped home, not only makes Flame Princess realize just why Finn does what he does, but also makes her hope she can be good in the future.
- The Load: Soulless Finn. He cares about nothing and is too lazy to do much of anything, considering doing anything at all too much effort.
- No Fair Cheating: Called out on Flame Princess by Jake as her solution to everything is using fire. Eventually however she comes across portions of the dungeon her powers can't solve and ultimately had to learn to play by the rules if she wishes to save Finn.
- Stock Video Game Puzzle:An inverted version of the Lock and Key puzzle is used, paired with a riddle. Flame Princess is given the key from the getgo, but has to find the right lock for it. As it turns out the lock isn't any of the ones she's presented with, but one on the back of Choose Goose's head.
- Too Dumb to Live: When Flame Princess and Jake get to a cave with water inside, Jake tells Flame Princess to wait on the surface so he can solve the underwater puzzle. But an impatient Flame Princess refuses to take orders from Jake so she (who's made out of FIRE) jumps in the water and nearly dies. She would have been dead if she had not "willed" herself to the fire kingdom.
Vol 2: Pixel Princesses