was a 1973-1974 series starring Bob Denver and Forrest Tucker about a stagecoach and wagon lost from their train en route to California. Many have interpreted as basically Gilligan's Island
in the Old West, especially since the characters were all Expys
of the castaways.
This show includes examples of:
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead:
- Lulu: Blonde
- Betsy: Brunette
- Mrs. Brookhaven: Redhead
- Expy: As noted above, all the characters were the equivalent of a Gilligan's Island character:
- Dusty: Gilligan
- Mr. Callahan: The Skipper
- Mr. Brookhaven: Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Brookhaven: Mrs. Howell
- Lulu: Ginger
- Andy: The Professor
- Betsy: Mary Ann
- Hey, It's That Guy!: All over the place. You may know Dusty better as Gilligan or Maynard, Mr. Callahan is more famous as Sergeant O'Rourke, and both Betsy and Lulu were on Petticoat Junction (though never in an episode together; Jeannine Riley played Billie Jo for seasons one and two, while Lori Saunders was Bobbie Jo from season three to the end).
- Panty Shot: One episode sees the ladies spelling out "HELP" (one or two letters each) on their panties, trying to alert the authorities that they're being held hostage by outlaws.
- Star-Derailing Role: Bob Denver never got another prime time show after this, though it was Gilligan's Island that really sealed his fate.
- Superstition Episode: "Witch's Trail."
- What Were They Thinking? The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History: Number 59 out of 100 on their list.