open/close all folders
- A TV commercial shows a woman inspecting some TP'd trees. She is absolutely elated by how soft the paper is. Two boys, apparently the perpetrators, are hiding behind some other trees; the woman asks one of them what brand of TP his mother buys, and he answers, "Quilted Northern Ultra Plush". The last scene has her excitedly taking armfuls of the paper home.
- In the Back to the Future fanfic True Hero, Needles does this to Doc's house every year. He presumably gets away with it because of Doc's bad reputation.
- Near the beginning of Donnie Darko, Donnie's mother asks him if he toilet-papered a neighbour's house the night before, and he angrily exclaims that he'd stopped doing that in the sixth grade.
- In Off The Black, a young boy gets caught doing this, among other acts of vandalization, kicking off the plot.
- In the Babymouse Halloween story, Babymouse gets peer-pressured into covering a neighbor's tree in toilet paper by the popular girls. She's the only one who gets caught.
Live Action TV
- In one episode of Cougar Town, Jules yells at some skateboarders, and the next day she finds her car TP'ed to look like a shark. To get even, she goes to what she thinks is the skater's house and TP's it. The house was actually one of the homes Jules was selling. It was all a ruse to get a romantic proposal from Grayson.
- In one episode of Hannah Montana, Miley's father mentions that the house is going to be papered because all the candy was eaten and he has no "treats" to stop the "tricks."
- In one Halloween Episode of The Middle, Frankie leaves her elderly aunts to hand out candy while she and the family go out. The aunts forget to hand candy, and when Frankie returns, the whole house is covered in toilet paper.
- In ''Monk, Monk remembers one of his college classmates toilet-papering an area on "Mischief Night."
- In a Halloween episode of Step by Step, the nerdy Mark gets caught doing this by a police officer and brought home to his parents to face the music. When he comments he'd rather go to jail, the officer replies that's exactly why they bring the kids home instead.
- One AdamTwelve episode has the officers called to one that leads later to a bigger fight...and a stabbing.
- The boys pull this on the girls'dorm at the beginning of "Prank Week" in Zoey 101.
- On Parks and Recreation, Andy gets even with Dennis Feinstein for buying J.J.'s Diner by toilet papering his office.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic has this part of "Young, Dumb, and Ugly":
We were born to be bad. You'd better not make us mad.Or we just might toilet paper your lawn
- The Smashing Pumpkins: Just after the party in the "1979" video, the kids throw toilet paper at a tree. At one point, we see a close up of one of the flying rolls.
- Calvin and Hobbes: Calvin remarks on his dad's enjoyment of Halloween. It turns out he likes to "sit in the bushes with the hose and drench potential TP'ers."
- In Kingdom of Loathing, you can prank other players by toilet-papering their campsite. Do it enough and the victim can salvage some for his or her own use when it's cleaned up.
- One puzzle in episode 3 of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People involves getting Strong Bad to TP local landmark the Stick and blame it on Coach Z.
- Homestar Runner: Strong Bad, Strong Mad, and the Cheat frequently spend their Halloweens TP-ing various locations. In particular, in "3 Times Halloween Funjob" they hit The Stick, then try to get Marzipan's house. The latter doesn't quite work because Strong Mad doesn't get TP-ing—he just hits the house's wall with a whole roll of toilet paper, over and over.
- Llewellyn of Ozy and Millie was in the habit of TP'ing his own lawn as a way of annoying the neighborhood association.
- In an episode of The Fairly Oddparents, when Adam West (as his superhero alter-ego Catman) wishes to be a kid again, he decides to skip school and T.P. Mr. Crocker's house. He mentions that he doesn't mind wasting paper because he uses a litter box.
- Gravity Falls: After Grunkle Stan fails to scare two jaded kids on "Summerween", they toilet-paper the Mystery Shack and then go inside to look for candy.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Scare Master", the Cutie Mark Crusaders TP things as part of the night's festivities. At least they're considerate enough to TP only the tree next to Carousel Boutique instead of the boutique itself.
- An episode of Rocket Power had the gang TP a property on Mischief Night. They're forced to wear matching pumpkin Halloween costumes in public the next day as Cool and Unusual Punishment for it.
- One episode of South Park was all about this. In typical fashion, it was treated as a Felony Misdemeanor as if the boys committed a murder together. Kyle was even haunted by nightmares of their "crime", so Cartman decided that Kyle needed to be killed to keep it a secret.
- In Super Best Friends Forever, Supergirl wants to use Wonder Woman's invisible jet to TP Lex Luthor's mansion.
- On As Told by Ginger, Ginger and her class are tormented by a sadistic substitute teacher, leading them to vandalize her house with TP and eggs. Ginger bails on their plan after hearing about using the latter, causing her to shield the sub from the eggs thrown at her. The sub doesn't care about what the kids think of her either way.
- One episode of Detentionaire has Lee in need of a distraction to divert the attention of a mall employee, so he calls the skaters, who ride by the store and chuck toilet paper rolls inside to get the store worker to chase them.
- The Halloween episode of Beavis And Butthead has Stewart planning to T.P. something despite the hesitation of his friends. Before he can do anything, Beavis shows up in his Cornholio persona, demanding T.P. as usual. Stewart drops it and runs away. A music video segment also has the two discussing this, and they question why it'd be considered a bad thing since you'd get a bunch of free toilet paper.
- Camp Lakebottom: In "Late Afternoon of the Living Gitch", Buttsquat attempts to wrap Lakebottom in toilet paper. However, he ends up wrapped in toilet paper and hanging from a tree.