" Hey, dork! You've got toilet paper stuck to your shoe!"A classic form of Toilet Humour: Somebody leaves the bathroom (often spending a lot of time in there) and a sheet of toilet paper is stuck to their foot. This is highly embarrassing, especially if someone points it out. A variant also involves a woman (usually a woman) who leaves the bathroom with a length of toilet paper trailing from under her skirt. Another variant has a character getting wrapped up in the toilet paper trail, looking like a mummy. Not to be confused with There Will Be Toilet Paper. For other non-bathroom appearances of toilet paper, see Toilet Paper Prank.
— Bar patron responding to Larry, Leisure Suit Larry
open/close all folders
- An ad for the Chase Freedom credit card has a man use "cash-back" to go to a superhero comic book convention, where he steps on the toilet paper on one dressed-up guy's boot, earning a look of approval from another guy dressed up as a superhero.
- The Eddie Murphy remake of Dr. Dolittle has Lucky the dog leaving the bathroom in this manner.
- Happens to Emma Thompson's character in Junior as part of her Cute Clumsy Girl schtick.
- In MinuteMen, the trio saves a boy the embarrassment of having toilet paper stuck to his shoe the second time.
Live Action TV
- Used only semi-comedically in an episode of All in the Family: Archie & Edith visit Mike & Gloria in California. One night during their stay, Gloria talks to her mother: the marriage isn't going well, and they might divorce. They use the bathroom for privacy during their talk. They both cry, and Edith in particular uses some toilet paper to wipe her eyes. When they leave Edith has a trail of toilet paper in her hand; when Archie calls her on it she says she was "using it for Kleenex" without going into details.
- In an episode of Hannah Montana, after Miley's false assumptions cause Jackson to lose his girlfriend, Miley tries to humiliate herself via this method in hope that she and Jackson will be "even".
- In Leisure Suit Larry: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards, Larry has this happen to him whenever he uses the bathroom in the bar. Walking close past the other patrons in the bar after a bathroom visit wil result in one of them pointing this out, and Larry nonchalantly removing the toilet paper.
- In Monsters, Inc., Mike Wazowski ends up with a piece of toilet paper stuck to his foot after he and Sulley have come out from hiding in the bathroom from Randall. That was one of the hardest things for the animation team to render.
- Mr. Krabs runs out from the bathroom of the Krusty Krab with toilet paper on his foot in the Spongebob Squarepants episode "Sailor Mouth", when trying to figure out why all the customers left the Krusty Krab.
- In the Tuff Puppy episode, "The Curse of King Mutt'', Snaptrap trails toilet paper, then trips and wraps himself in it, looking like a mummy. The Chameleon and Bird Brain think he wrapped himself in toilet paper to disguise himself as King Mutt's mummy and scare Dudley into finding King Mutt's bone for them, and Snaptrap nervously tells them they're right before telling them what really happened through Suspiciously Specific Denial.
- In the The Amazing World of Gumball episode "The Mystery", Darwin had a tendency to trail toilet paper from the bathroom and through the halls. When Principal Brown was pushed down the stairs by Miss Simian, he got wrapped in the toilet paper and landed in Gumball's locker.
- Pelswick enters the classroom with one stuck to his wheel in one episode (the kid's a paraplegic, BTW).
- Leonard McLeish on Pound Puppies (2010) gets some stuck to his foot after using the bathroom before leaving for his first day as vice-supervisor of sewage and wastewater management.
- Happened on Total Drama Island when Beth just finished using the bathroom and was late for a challenge.
- The Loud House: the current page image is from the episode "One of the boys". After the Swirly he got from Luke, Lincoln walks down the hallway with an entire role of toiletpaper stuck to his foot.